ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #1951
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I get troop building troopers and droids, but why three Revans? Customs?
One Revan is a preoder I picked up for a friend. Two Revans for myself. One to open and one to keep in box. Just like the first Revan release. I’m a big fan.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #1952
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Called 3 EB Games. None had Gaming Greats. Not even my preorders. Panic?
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #1953
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
One Revan is a preoder I picked up for a friend. Two Revans for myself. One to open and one to keep in box. Just like the first Revan release. I’m a big fan.
That makes the ‘MISB or open and display’ debate so much easier, lol. I’m waffling back on fourth. I got one of each thinking I’d just open (space is limited for me so I don’t have a lot of MISB), but dang do they look nice in package. The colour they use on each box really makes them pop a bit, which is pretty slick. Mine sadly aren’t the best boxes though, got a couple scratches along the colour side, so will probably free them from their cardboard prisons. Plus it lets me go Instagram nuts. I do loves my toy photography.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #1954
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Called 3 EB Games. None had Gaming Greats. Not even my preorders. Panic?
I’d start with a calm conversation with the manager of the store you preordered with. Before this post was rudely edited by a mod, I stated that there are factors effecting shipments right now, at home and abroad. Also, contacting EB customer support might be useful if you can’t be helped at store level. I had to do that once before when the Jumptrooper was... oddly distributed, and they were very helpful.

Good luck!

Political Talk Not Allowed As Per Forum Rules

Last edited by Alexander Quinn; 03-01-2020 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Non offending wording added.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:54 PM   #1955
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I’d start with a calm conversation with the manager of the store you preordered with.

Good luck!

Political Talk Not Allowed As Per Forum Rules
I did what you said. The manager said that shipments are just delayed. However, I over heard those who ordered multiples have now been limited, but I didn't ask them that.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:40 PM   #1956
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

Got my commander and light revan, but every EB in town (London) said none of the droids came in at all.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:58 AM   #1957
Nixle
Cobra Trooper

Was able to grab a Mando on amazon.ca, it was up for about 3 minutes at regular price ($29.99) yesterday, sold and shipped by amazon.ca. Check regularly if you need it!
Nixle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:35 AM   #1958
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

So I managed to get my Stormtooper Commanders today. No hassle, no limit. But they did tell me that everything else were reserved and some they didn't get much to fill all orders.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #1959
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I get troop building troopers and droids, but why three Revans? Customs?
Well, someone posted those same pics of the Revans, Stormtrooper Commanders and Droids on the Facebook group Star Wars the Black Series Canada.

When a member in that group (an admin actually) said that they hoped some of those figures were for other people, that person responded that they indeed were.

However, it came to pass that this same individual was selling those figures in other Black Series groups on Facebook at marked up scalper prices (e.g. the Stormtrooper Commander for about $60-75 USD). Members of the Star Wars the Black Series Canada Facebook group were also members in these other groups and called it out. There were multiple posters who confirmed it and took screenshots, etc.

Thus, this person was banned from the Star Wars the Black Series Canada Facebook group. People were not impressed.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:22 AM   #1960
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Well, someone posted those same pics of the Revans, Stormtrooper Commanders and Droids on the Facebook group Star Wars the Black Series Canada.

When a member in that group (an admin actually) said that they hoped some of those figures were for other people, that person responded that they indeed were.

However, it came to pass that this same individual was selling those figures in other Black Series groups on Facebook at marked up scalper prices (e.g. the Stormtrooper Commander for about $60-75 USD). Members of the Star Wars the Black Series Canada Facebook group were also members in these other groups and called it out. There were multiple posters who confirmed it and took screenshots, etc.

Thus, this person was banned from the Star Wars the Black Series Canada Facebook group. People were not impressed.
Hmmm...interesting.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote