ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-25-2023, 06:06 PM   #6971
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Iron Man was plentiful at GameStop here for a while then showed up at winners

He even went on sale for $5 during one of their $5 Friday sales. That is how I ended up with 3 of him.

As to Enforcer's point, yeah there is a chance this could be a "blink and you miss it" situation, but highly unlikely.

The Children of Thanos set is a rarity, maybe even one-off, all the other sets have been widely available on .ca and gone on sale a couple of times, and still are available.

Do I think we'll see sub-$100 pricing on this set? No. That ship has sailed with the ever increasing prices. I lucked out with the Alpha Flight set for $74 at one point, but it was not an Amazon exclusive and regular retail was about $50 less than what the current 5-packs are selling for at regular retail price. That meant a discount below $100 was quite feasible.

With current pricing I don't imagine anything below $125 possibly happening, but you never know. I'll probably bite if it gets below $150 ($30 each) only because I had a near complete run of the West Coast Avengers when it was made and I already have White Vision, US Agent and a Wanda (not the latest retro card one though). I just need a Wonder Man in his WCA look and I am good.

But you never know, maybe they won't carry it up here and all this speculation will be a moot point.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:21 PM   #6972
Enforcer
Dark Knight

I also don't see a high possibility of the figures exclusive to this set being a single release.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 02:27 PM   #6973
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I also don't see a high possibility of the figures exclusive to this set being a single release.

Maybe not Hank Pym, but I have almost no doubt that we will see another Mockingbird down the road with the "billowy" sleeves and long pants to better match how she actually looked in the beginning of WCA. This version is not the correct look for her from the cover they are referencing on this boxset. It is her earlier look without the big sleeves. So basically another Hasbro ML release that is wrong on multiple levels.

Hank himself probably won't see another release anytime soon, but that new torso means they can do Savage Land Xavier, Machinesmith, and any number of other characters who at one time, or another, wore a jumpsuit. We'll probably see this version of the mold (Red Skull/Dormammu limbs, Hank torso) next year.

So that means Hasbro can go back to the well once more for her. I mean look at SC Iron Man, Tigra and Spider Woman. Previous release (very recent in some cases) didn't stop them from going back to that well with varying degrees of difference. Tigra and Spider Woman both seem to have gotten new heads at least, but Iron Man is just a slight tweaked paint scheme from what I can tell.

Just remember.........Hasbro is gonna Hasbro whenever they can.

Last edited by canprime; 05-26-2023 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2023, 02:46 PM   #6974
4lott
Master of the Universe

In order for the hank pym figure to be relevant to me he’d need to come with at least one miniaturized accessory, preferably that tiny ship he carried around
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 07:53 AM   #6975
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
In order for the hank pym figure to be relevant to me he?d need to come with at least one miniaturized accessory, preferably that tiny ship he carried around

Yeah not including at least one miniaturized accessory was a big miss by Hasbro.

Then again, this is Hasbro so I won't be surprised if he gets another release with some accessories down the road.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:45 PM   #6976
Enforcer
Dark Knight

You can actually pre-order the West Coast Avengers set now.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BHX7HFJ9?...hk_typ_imgToDp
Old 05-30-2023, 07:32 PM   #6977
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
You can actually pre-order the West Coast Avengers set now.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BHX7HFJ9?psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&ref_=chk_typ_ imgToDp

There it is.

$36 each figure ($180 total before tax).

Not as bad as I thought they might go, but still not great. A definite wait and see if it drops some.
Old 05-30-2023, 09:03 PM   #6978
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
There it is.

$36 each figure ($180 total before tax).

Not as bad as I thought they might go, but still not great. A definite wait and see if it drops some.
I can't see this flying off of shelves.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 02:53 PM   #6979
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Gladiator Hulk

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BPTN28CB
Old 05-31-2023, 07:39 PM   #6980
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Just Checked my pre-order for the NWH three pack and it looks like it is getting released on June 6th now.
lifedragon99 is online now   Reply With Quote