ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 07-19-2022, 01:55 AM   #501
Nyax78
Clonetrooper
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Well the Horde Trooper wave seems to have sold well for Walmart so far, I would hope that Walmart would still carry the line in the future, although it has sold poorly everywhere else (TRU, Gamestop) so it may never show up at those retailers down the road.

I just wish Gamestop would have pre-orders for MotU Origins stuff so that this protects them from not over-ordering and the fans can have a guarantee of getting desirable characters.

I was thankfully able to hunt down 6 of the horde trooper, which was all I had wanted, but it sure took a lot of hunting to do it. I'd rather just pre-order an entire case of the troopers than do that kind of crazy legwork.
Agreed. I don't know why we can't pre-order MOTU Origins from Gamestop,Wal-Mart or Amazon when you are able to pre-order Star Wars, Transformers, GI Joe etc. Well you can at Gamestop and Amazon anyways. You can occasionally pre-order Star Wars stuff at Wal-Mart but not much else.

The Horde Trooper wave has briefly shown up on Walmart.ca a few times but with very low stock. It took me a few attempts but I was able to order the entire wave. I found 3 of the 4 figures at my local Wal-Mart. I grabbed a second Horde Trooper.

Who knows if the next wave will show up as the Stinkor wave was m.i.a. up here. And it would be nice if we got some deluxe figures other than Clamp-Champ and Ram-Man. Never saw Mosquitor and haven't seen Terror Claws Skeletor or Flying Fists He-Man at Wal-Mart.

I think this line would be thriving if the distribution wasn't so brutal and the vehicles and cats were priced better.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:18 AM   #502
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Long shot if anyone has an extra webstor on here lmk lol.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:56 AM   #503
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
I've never seen horde trooper here in Ontario. Just tones if rammans, clampchamps, evillyns and merman.
I posted last month or so that I saw 3 cases of the horde trooper wave on the pegs at Walmart in Pickering. I have also seen them at a few gamestops and other Walmarts in Barrie and Newmarket. It?s not everywhere and the wave distribution is one of the reasons I bailed on this line
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:51 PM   #504
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Is this line being scrapped? Haven't seen any new waves announced for quite a while.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:01 PM   #505
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Is this line being scrapped? Haven't seen any new waves announced for quite a while.
There is two new waves one has hit the states I believe already. Now if they come up here will be another guess.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:02 PM   #506
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Not sure if this is supposed to be a Walmart exclusive or not, but the Roton is up for pre-order:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/masters.../6000205306257
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:10 PM   #507
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Bound to show up at store's... then too wait for everyone that wants one ...then wait for clearance price..yep
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:42 PM   #508
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
Bound to show up at store's... then too wait for everyone that wants one ...then wait for clearance price..yep

Pretty much wash, rinse, repeat when it comes to MOTU:O vehicles. Although I have to admit I was pushed to my limit by the Sky Sled. I was beginning to think it would never get discounted to any great degree. However it finally did drop by more than 50%. Most of the vehicles have done that over time here, so I am going to wait on the Roton as well, just like I am waiting on Stridor.

On the other hand I am sure I'm going to have to cough up the dough for that Eternia playset because I can't see Mattel getting any retailer to take it after what happened with Castle Grayskull.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:53 PM   #509
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Eternia playset looks great but the price wont be. I dont expect it to be affordable.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #510
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

It's funny how so many of us have come to the same conclusion about the Origins vehicles. Best to wait until clearance. I learned my lesson after paying full price for Battle Cat and the Sky Sled when the line first launched.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote