ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-16-2023, 08:38 PM   #21
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe
Re: 6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics Series Figures

I saw Warduke and the other guy @ GS here today, priced at $59.99 minus whatever your Edge discount is.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:47 PM   #22
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Ended up seeing NECA Warduke & Grimsword in GS, and caved and bought them, they look damn good, I had to.

now watch Hasbro will announce they are doing these 2 like tomorrow.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 07:14 PM   #23
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Ended up seeing NECA Warduke & Grimsword in GS, and caved and bought them, they look damn good, I had to.

I don't know, the current movie and cartoon toys don't seem to be moving. From what different forums, and youtubers, have been reporting it doesn't look like the toy are doing all that well.

The movie was apparently pretty good, but I wouldn't say it has had much impact at large. Which unfortunately translates to the toys as well. Also it doesn't help that there were a lot of reports of breakage on the cartoon toys right out of the package. That probably left a bad taste in collector's mouths which could make them gun shy with the movie toys.

Too bad if it turns out to be true because there are some really great looking figures/creatures in the movie line. I really like those diceling toys, however not enough to pay full price for them.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 11:08 PM   #24
Robimus
Super Moderator

Cartoon toys are already 50% off at Targets in some recent youtube toy hunt vids

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:52 PM   #25
Zanth
Super Friend

Quote:

And Hasbro would never make them as well or have them look as good. I have never seen Grimsword, but I bought Warduke and have him displayed with the characters from the cartoon, the colossal red dragon from years ago and Hasbro's Drizzt figure. Only Drizzt is not embarrassed by the quality of the NECA figure.

Seeing Hasbro's current offering of D&D figures from the film, there is no way we will see anything close to what NECA can and does give us. Warduke scales well in my display, looking the part of a massive a evil fighter. Venger is just a wee bit taller. It's perfect.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 10:07 PM   #26
Zanth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
... Also it doesn't help that there were a lot of reports of breakage on the cartoon toys right out of the package. That probably left a bad taste in collector's mouths which could make them gun shy with the movie toys.
This is a major factor. The inability to see the figures paired with the frail product at large is keeping plenty of collectors away from them - especially at the high price. The articulation is embarrassing at this price point. The accessories are fine in my opinion and I really like the design of many of the figures, very close to the cartoon in those cases but at $36 CAD, windowless packaging, many videos of broken figures out of the box or when first posing... yeah, not great.

I know there are suspicions that the figures are old designs that were finally pushed out because of the legal threats against inaction on Hasbro's part regarding the D&D brand at large.

Venger needs a new head sculpt at least, and Dungeon Master could use one as well. DM also needs an accessory or two.

I think Bobby with Uni is the best of the bunch and offers the most value, then Presto, who looks great, poses well and has the ability to have a hat on his head or in hand with a magical effect for display.

If Hasbro continues with cartoon releases, a better Venger on Night-mare would be welcomed, along with Shadow Demon. Dekkion is one of my favourites and would look great. They could take inspiration from the Four Horsemen. Tiamat in all her raging magesty would have to be Haslab I think in order to do her justice.

That said, the creatures from the D&D film look promising. The displacer beast is gorgeous and looks worth the price despite being an upgraded version of Drizzt's pet jaguar. Xanathar the beholder also looks incredible. I have them both on preorder from Hasbro Pulse.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 01:48 PM   #27
Eko123
Body without Organs

Hasbro released official images of its new upcoming Drizzt figure.

It does not appear to be an exclusive as you can pre-order it on Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drizzt.5__scaled_600.jpg (69.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Drizzt.7__scaled_600.jpg (70.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Drizzt.1__scaled_600.jpg (54.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Drizzt.4__scaled_600.jpg (39.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 00__scaled_600.jpg (73.7 KB, 4 views)
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 12:19 PM   #28
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Hasbro released official images of its new upcoming Drizzt figure.

It does not appear to be an exclusive as you can pre-order it on Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store.
Has this figure gone up for Pre-Order anywhere yet in Canada? or did I miss something?
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 01:35 PM   #29
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Has this figure gone up for Pre-Order anywhere yet in Canada? or did I miss something?
I've been looking pretty regularly and haven't found anything yet.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 07:29 PM   #30
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
You can also pre-order it from the Pulse website.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/dun...archive-drizzt
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote