ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-22-2020, 01:56 AM   #11
Webs
Man of Spiders
Re: Think this is a good idea for the sightings at this time ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gphalen View Post
Where to even begin.... You Old? a Toddler? got a pre existing condition? Then what is your issue? People are loosing their minds because their source of information had been delivering misinformation even though they had the facts. The Corvid 19 virus is a flu a bit stronger than usual but that's it, You get fever and chills and puke and in a few days it gets better. Its not say S.a.R`s or H1N1 that China has released upon the world in the past two decades its not going to kill you unless your in those three categories. People just need to take percautions. I mean its great you want to self isolate for your own safety HOWEVER, Costco Walmart every Grocery Store is still open still full of employees and they are by law not allowed to close they have to remain open to serve the public to ensure food supply, Distribution centers are considered an essential service they have on average 450 employees each that work 24/7 they all cant afford to sit home. Not everyone is cowering at home they can`t afford to!
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #12
there_is_a_martens
Clonetrooper
Re: Think this is a good idea for the sightings at this time ?

I understand the temptation to underplay the severity of what’s going on. People are scared, so some people try to resolve that personal fear by taking the “it’s not as serious for some people” narrative. It’s the lack of control that is hitting some people the hardest.

At the end of the day, we don’t know how this is going to end. We’re nowhere near the peak of all this. It might not be till the end of May until we see a semblance of normal life. And that sucks. It really does. So there are going to be people who will insist on carrying on as normal because being removed from normal life for that long is an unsettling proposition. We can’t go to work, our kids can’t go to school, we can’t go to malls or restaurants or take a mental break from a bad day and wander through a toy aisle or electronics store and pick up something to brighten our day (maybe that’s just me?&#128512

At first, the post I read yesterday made me angry. But after thinking about it I feel like it really came from a place of fear. So I feel sympathy for the person who posted that. I feel sympathy for all those people who insist on being out in the world because they feel it’s the only way they can deal with the current situation. I feel sympathy for the people who cannot work and wonder how they’re going to survive financially. I feel sympathy for the people like me who take care of people who are immune compromised, who might not suffer too badly if they themselves get sick, but could easily lose people they care about to this pandemic. And I feel sympathy for the people who are just hunkering down and trying to make the best of things while the world navigates through this unprecedented time in history.

And with my sympathy comes love. Let’s take care of each other. Let’s look out for each other. Let’s share our concerns, our fears, and when we can manage it, our help. Let’s fill our need for new toys by browsing the news online. I know I’ll be going back and looking again at everything announced during New York Toy Fair. And there’s always online shopping if we can afford it and we need our toy fix. For those of us who don’t know how this is going to end, remember that this too shall pass. We will see the other side of this thing eventually. And come June or July, if you’re in an EB Games in Calgary and see an old bearded man perusing the Marvel Legends, give him a little nod.

I promise I’ll nod back.🙂
there_is_a_martens is offline   Reply With Quote