ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-03-2024, 04:56 AM   #51
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: GameStop Policy Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Mattel's numbers were only slightly better because of the success of the Barbie movie and all the merchandising sales from that success.

Their first 3 quarters were nothing to write home about, but they shot up significantly in the 4th quarter. Moreso than Hasbro on a percentage basis. Without that 4th quarter they were looking to be on par with Hasbro for poor sales.

Also let's remember that Mattel was the bigger toy manufacturer of the two (not counting Lego of course) for quite a long time. Bandai I would consider more of a video game / entertainment company than a toy company, but they do sell toys and video games are a kind of toy.

All it takes is one bad CEO and any of those companies could fall into the same kind of situation Hasbro is currently in.
Bandai was always a toy company and most of their success was as a toy company. They didn't get into entertainment and video games until they bought namco not that long ago.

I know that a bad CEO could tank any of these companies but Hasbro tanking this hard just shows how bad the leadership on every level is. They are all out of touch.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:25 PM   #52
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Bandai was always a toy company and most of their success was as a toy company. They didn't get into entertainment and video games until they bought namco not that long ago.

I know that a bad CEO could tank any of these companies but Hasbro tanking this hard just shows how bad the leadership on every level is. They are all out of touch.
Very bad...but they all somehow get to do a Scrooge McDuck into their vaults of money every night
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:08 PM   #53
philtastic
Master of the Universe

This was discussed over on the Cybertron.ca forum, but I just want to confirm that Edge status can still be renewed automatically if you have enough points in your account at the time of renewal. However, it's no longer possible to renew status by paying the fee, as that was discontinued last year. My status just extended until April 2025 thanks to my points balance.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:20 PM   #54
4lott
Master of the Universe

To clarify does that mean that I can no longer pay $10 to renew my membership and get the 10% discount !
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 09:21 PM   #55
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

I renew in August. Hopefully nothing comes down the pipe before then

Currently sitting at 32,304 points
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 09:57 PM   #56
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
To clarify does that mean that I can no longer pay $10 to renew my membership and get the 10% discount !
Paying to renew is no longer possible. If you have enough points to renew, that will happen automatically. If you don't have enough points, I believe your membership will just end. At which point you won't get the discount anymore, and will have to wait until the new program launches, whenever that may be.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:49 AM   #57
Dangard Ace
Cobra Trooper

Huh. I got renewed to Mar 2025. Cool.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:47 AM   #58
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

My Onyx was renewed till Feb 2025.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:58 AM   #59
4lott
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Paying to renew is no longer possible. If you have enough points to renew, that will happen automatically. If you don't have enough points, I believe your membership will just end. At which point you won't get the discount anymore, and will have to wait until the new program launches, whenever that may be.
Thanks for the clarification.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:11 PM   #60
Webs
Man of Spiders

How many points are needed for auto renewal, I guess I don't have enough as it says mine expires in October.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collectibles, figures, gamestop, return policy, toys