ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
Re: The Clone Wars: Season 2: Episode 12 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
Boy.. I hope this episode lives up to all the hype and anticipation..
Sounds Impressive, most impressive
No one has seen it yet on that dang Internet?
I am sure it's going to be incredable! I can't wait!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

What a birthday gift!!! Thanks clone wars and Lucas for playing the most anticipated episode yet!!! All for me! LOL

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
Robimus
Super Moderator

Thinking about this a lot today....

At the very least these episodes now make Mandalorians completely legit, seeing as they the term Mandalorian never actually appears in the films.

I still want some Mando'a damn it

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

EDIT: Man, that Black Lightsaber was cool. Only problem is I had to have the TV muted for that bit. X( Did it sound liek a regular saber or did it have a unique sound? I like Satine, and I've always like Obi-wan. My only note is that the... Death Watch leader (didn't catch his name, again) was revealed a little early for a multi-parter, then again I doubt he's the biggest issue in the arc. Can't wait for the next parts!

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 01-29-2010 at 10:01 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #15
Robimus
Super Moderator

The Mandalorian Plot didn't really achieve a great deal more than I expected it to.

I liked that Obi-Wan bested Pre Vizsla in the saber duel with ease. And I thought the Mandalorian Cube City was fun, though its unlike any Mandalore I've ever seen before.

More of a dome Mad Max style city from orbit really.

Obi and Satine were really juvinile toward each other, especially while in danger. Their dialog wasn't to my tastes.

The Death Watch inclusions were a nice touch, though I'm not so sure about the Prime Minister stating that Jango wasn't a Mandalorian. Maybe the PM is just a crazy old coot?

The language spoken by the bomber may have been Mando'a, or at least incredibly similar. Darasuum Kote is spoken fairly clearly at the end of his first line. It means Eternal Glory.

Starwars.com provides:

"Calhava bru'chun dralshye'ran!" -- Mandalorian bomber - "Kadi, se norm'iim."
- "Ki, kadi norm'iim." -- Mandalorian bomber and Duchess Satine

Which doesn't seem to directly line up with know Mandalorian, though sounds similar. dralshy'a does mean brighter/stronger, so that one word is really close.

All in all it was alright for what it was, but I don't think its one of TCW's stronger episodes by any means.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #16
Robimus
Super Moderator

You can listen to a 45 minute interview with Dave Filoni here:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...pisode212.html

I like this guy the more I hear from him. The interview confirms that he's not responsoible for my complaints.

He also confirms that the Concordian language is based on Mando'a, which is all kinds of awesome!

And the painting behind Pre Vizsla has a Mandalorian Crusader from KoTOR on it:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000946.html

Last edited by Robimus; 01-30-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:13 AM   #17
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
The Death Watch inclusions were a nice touch, though I'm not so sure about the Prime Minister stating that Jango wasn't a Mandalorian. Maybe the PM is just a crazy old coot?
I just took it as him labelling Jango as an outcast or some such. He never said he wasn't Mandalorian, just degraded him and said he had no idea where he got the Armour from. (since the majority of Mandalorian people are peaceful now and no longer wear that armour) He seemed rather defensive about it, too.

I also liked the Cubism city, but I don't think it's a "typical" Mando city, rather just a unique city among others, but it, along with the other visuals like the painted backgrounds are what made this my favourite episode. (I value visuals above most things. Call me artsy but I really do love it)

And since you mentioned him, I want to add that Dave Filoni is a great guy, too. He's a big Star Wars fan, moreso for the OT and EU that I can tell. But he's not above evolution of a series. (many times I find people won't move forward for fear of not staying true to what came before, he manages) I really enjoy his commentaries and interviews.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:40 AM   #18
Robimus
Super Moderator

I think it would have been cooler if the Death Watch themsleves all had different armor and abilities.(To an extent).

What made Cad Bane's crew so cool in Hostage Crisis was their individuality. The Death Watch just didn't have that outside of Pre Vizsla.

Filoni is a pretty big EU fan as well, though I'm sure that the OT is what drew him in.. He actually went to the trouble of researching everything continuity wise for the show to try and fit it in.

Rex was going to be Arc Alpha-1, Grievous was going to have his complete backstory, so on. It's through Filoni's efforts and inclusions that the EU gets the nods it does. Like that mural.

And I do like some of the changes a lot, even if I'm hard on others.

I think in general he's a good balance to George, kinda the angel on his shoulder saying "but this idea from the EU is cool"

I'd like to meet the guy one day. I have so many questions for him.

George overrules him a lot, but at least he tries.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:00 AM   #19
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

I cant lie i expected more however the FAV is the man!!! episode 2 reference great. I read up on most mandalorian history they are not thrilled with Jedi, this should get good over the next 3 episodes or so.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #20
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
What made Cad Bane's crew so cool in Hostage Crisis was their individuality. The Death Watch just didn't have that outside of Pre Vizsla.
There's an interview on SW.com that states it was deliberate making all the Mandos the same. It's part of that aspect of the culture to be uniform and have the suits be symmetrical.

Quote:
Rex was going to be Arc Alpha-1, Grievous was going to have his complete backstory, so on. It's through Filoni's efforts and inclusions that the EU gets the nods it does. Like that mural.
I remember that, and Alpha was changed to Rex purely because of the name. (After Ahsoka, Anakin and Artoo, it would've been a little crazy) And Grievous' backstory was kept ambigious because they didn't want to outright go against previous continuity, but instead keep it loose and up to interpretation. (then again, coming from a charatcer, especially an ego like Grievous, he could've been lying, plus the original story wasn't actually canon etc.)

The way I see them boil down is Lucas brings in ideas, and Filoni has to fit them into continuity while still keeping them new, interesting, and logical for the show. I think he's done a pretty bang-up job of that myself.

Although it kinda bugs me that people call this show bad when they really don't know what they're talking about. Sure not every episode is astounding, but who'd call the overall series boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
I cant lie i expected more...
It's not over yet, we still have a couple more episodes to go.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 01-30-2010 at 09:01 AM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote