ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
Re: The Clone Wars: Season 2: Episode 12 Discussion Thread

I really enjoyed this episode and not just due to the fact that I am a die-hard Fandalorian. It was a good set-up for the story arc and gave us our first real glimpse of Mandalorian culture outside of comics and novels. The dialogue between Kenobi and Satine was good as was were the scenes inolving the Death Watch and Vizsla. He is obviously a 'zero-tollerance' kind of leader, judging by how he dealt with the soldier who had failed to exterminate Obi-Wan. All in all, a nice set-up and I am looking forward to the final episodes in the arc. Obi-Wan certainly had his shebes, for all you fellow Mando'a fans out there, kicked around and I am guessing there is more to come!!! Can't wait for next week! Two-thumbs up!!!

Oh and just as a side point, first Jango and now Vizsla, Obi-Wan doesn't seem to make friends with the Mandalorians all that well.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #22
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
And Grievous' backstory was kept ambigious because they didn't want to outright go against previous continuity, but instead keep it loose and up to interpretation. (then again, coming from a charatcer, especially an ego like Grievous, he could've been lying, plus the original story wasn't actually canon etc.)
It's actually all canon, just on different canon levels. G-Canon(George Canon) is the gospil that can't be overwritten by anyone but George himself.

Next is this new T-Canon(TCW plus the upcoming Live Action Series), which isn't quite on the same level as the films but is still considered by George as his story.

C-Canon rounds out the the canon levels(other than infinities), and thats the books/comics/games, so on. C-Canon undergoes the most changes but also makes up the largest part of the universe.

C-Canon only ceases being canon if it is directly contradicted by a new source. That source could be TCW, or even a new novel or comic.

Take the case of TCW Grievous for example, because Filoni made it slightly ambigous his back story remains in canon, just C-Canon like it always was. The original backstory has even been incorporated into The Clone Wars Visual Guide.

The canon levels are right from LFL itself, its not that most things are not canon, its that they are considered a more flexible canon. Everything outside of an infinities style story is considered canon in the Star Wars universe.

George has stated that he doesn't consider the books/comic/games his story, but that he would like everything to fit together. As such he created these departments within LFL to look after the massive universe.

I hope that helps to explain that a little. It's the way that LFL as a corporation continues to tell its various customers that they all count, even if small/large changes occur.

I'd actually prefer that the novel/comic verse got broken off into a seperate continuity myself, but George Lucas himself doesn't want that so he hired folks like Leeland Chee and Jason Fry to make as much as possible fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP
The way I see them boil down is Lucas brings in ideas, and Filoni has to fit them into continuity while still keeping them new, interesting, and logical for the show. I think he's done a pretty bang-up job of that myself.
He done an excellent job in the situation he's facing. He knows if he changes too much he risks alienating long time Star Wars fans, at the same time he's steered around many fan loved backstories(like Grievous and Vos) to keep them meaningful.

This whole Mandalorian thing is a different deal being that George ordered the sweeping changes himself. Filoni did include Mando'a so that I love, even if everything else is being overwritten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLPIT LIP
Although it kinda bugs me that people call this show bad when they really don't know what they're talking about. Sure not every episode is astounding, but who'd call the overall series boring?
Who called it boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl2009
He is obviously a 'zero-tollerance' kind of leader, judging by how he dealt with the soldier who had failed to exterminate Obi-Wan.
Vizsla comes complete with hypocrisy Sure kill your underling for not killing Obi-Wan but don't punish yourself................One of his guards should have turned on him and said "You failed", shooting him in kind.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 01-30-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #23
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

^^ LOL, I don't think that is the Mandalorian way.

Facebook
Old 01-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #24
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Who called it boring?
Just something I saw in the CW cartoon thread, made me wonder.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
Robimus
Super Moderator

I hope it wasn't me. I fear that sometimes people mistake my critcism's for me not liking the show.

There is only one episode I can honestly say I really disliked out of all of season 1 and 2. Thats Senate Spy.

I even love the Jar Jar episodes.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #26
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Are you SoundwaveCA or Rabidyak?

Then it wasn't you.

And yeah, Senate Spy was interesting at the time. But man, nothing really happens at all and it has no rewatch value for me. It's made worse by Landing at Point Rain, which pretty much explodes the TV with action.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #27
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I hope it wasn't me. I fear that sometimes people mistake my critcism's for me not liking the show.

There is only one episode I can honestly say I really disliked out of all of season 1 and 2. Thats Senate Spy.

I even love the Jar Jar episodes.
I feel pretty much the same way you do, Robimus. Senate Spy was probably the worst entry to date and that Jar Jar episode is not all that bad.

Facebook
Old 01-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #28
Robimus
Super Moderator

I should have a full translation available for the Concordian dialect available in a day or so. I'm still gethering knowledge, much of it from those more knowledgable than myself.

darasuum kote was obvious to me as it is established Mando'a meaning Eternal Glory. I picked it up immediatly in the episode last night.

Drayshy'ran likely means "they shall burn" and seems based upon some earlier Mando'a from the KotOR series.

You know your a nerd when you can pick out words of an alien dialect in a cartoon.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:00 AM   #29
pud333
Master of the Universe

Finally saw the episode today. Very, very cool. Loved watching the Mandalorians flying around. Really liked the black light saber. Bottom line: I need some muthafuckin' Mandalorians in my collection.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #30
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

^^ Hell Ya!!!

And Robimus, I know how you feel, I picked up on the Mando very quickly, just never said anything on the boards.

Facebook