ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Marvel Universe Movie Discussion

so looks like Jon Favreau is not directing Iron Man 3

http://www.newsarama.com/film/jon-fa...-3-101214.html
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Hmm, sounds like he was afraid of the built up expectations. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Last Stand situation.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...sneyland-trip/

Anyone else see the Thor trailer? Looks pretty sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
so looks like Jon Favreau is not directing Iron Man 3

http://www.newsarama.com/film/jon-fa...-3-101214.html
I see this as a positive thing. I felt IM was very underwhelming and IM2 was worse. I thought the action sequences were incredibly poorly shot and cut and really looked like a TV movie or something. Favreau doesn't know how to shoot action, IMO.

That being said, I am on a general downward trend with MU films. X-men 3, Wolverine, Spider-man 3, Hulk, both IM films - I found they were all very lacking or just outright sucked. This is why I don't have high hopes for the Avengers movie. I admit, I got a kick out of seeing the footage from comiccon or wherever, where all the actors got up on stage together, but with Thor looking bad as well, I am not very excited.

Sorry to be a downer on this, but I really think there needs to be a director or creative team that takes some risks with the Marvel properties. The only upcoming MU film I am even remotely interested in is the X-men first class. I think it has a good cast (especially Magneto. I really like the actor that plays him) and Vaughn is a good director too. (Layercake was excellent).

Last edited by pud333; 12-16-2010 at 07:49 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #14
Evan
Jedi Knight

I have to disagree on the Iron Man films. Loved them. IM1 especially. I agree that the rest of the films you mention do seem to be lacking, some more than others, but I've still enjoyed them. I'm reserving judgement until I see Thor, but really looking forward to Avengers. As far as Favreau leaving IM, I'm disappointed, but it may be good from a creative stand point to get a fresh take in there, especially since it will be released after Avengers which I suspect will be the foundation of future MU films...unless it sucks.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #15
Hantei
Master of the Universe

I'm a soundtrack/score fan and the thing that's been bugging me with the MU films is that lack of a memorable score or theme. Not like the DC films where both Batman (loved the Batman Forever theme) and Superman have had an identifiable theme. Spider-Man takes exception to this, but I hate his.

Iron Man had an okay score and established theme, though unfortunately for IM2 they ditched the theme and the score seemed almost non-existent. I thought one of the best scores was the Incredible Hulk; it was memorable (for me anyway), had a theme, and wasn't ever drowned out by the sound effects. It was actually a movie I really enjoyed and rather disappointed that I didn't see theatres (not sure how this one fell under my radar).

Anyway, looking forward to the new movies and I'm really hoping they all deliver a memorable soundtrack. Both the Captain America and Avengers movies NEED a good catchy/memorable theme! Thor, meh, not a big deal to me.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
Evan
Jedi Knight

I really like the Avengers theme for the current cartoon show. It gets stuck in my head for days at a time. If that was adapted to the upcoming movie, I think it'd be great. Might make sense for marketing purposes as well. I honestly don't see it happening, but if it did, I'd be okay with it.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #17
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

some spoilers for the Thor Movie (you have been warned)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=27286

some nice HD pics from the Captain America film

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=27325

thanks CBM and Empire Magazine
Old 01-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
I really like the Avengers theme for the current cartoon show. It gets stuck in my head for days at a time. If that was adapted to the upcoming movie, I think it'd be great. Might make sense for marketing purposes as well. I honestly don't see it happening, but if it did, I'd be okay with it.
I'm not really a fan of the Cartoon Avengers theme. Sounds to pre-teen Sum 41ish that I don't think will appeal to a mass audience.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Some Spoilers from the Upcoming Captain America Film

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=27391

once again, you've been warned

Thanks CBM
Old 01-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #20
alvinmariya
Banned

I think it is still very popular, but it has its share of detractors too. With rising prices, some other negatives: the articulation is limited to certain numbers when it should not be, there are still issues QC here and there, re-use mold that Shin mentioned, paint applications and incompatible Of course, the character selection.
alvinmariya is offline   Reply With Quote