ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #1331
riderman
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
To me, Sphinx looks like a cheap unfinished piece of plastic.

Almost like a basic figure... with premium articulation.

But mileage varies.

I don't think it's worth the pricepoint. Nowhere close.

Before lockdown, I saw some at Markham EBs priced at 44.99 .... like why. 50 bucks for that?
Where? Which Markham EB Games? Markville Mall EB? What day December 21st last week? All I found was Pumpkin Rapper and that's all not King Sphinx, Astronema and Red in Space Ranger or Blue Ranger 2k
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201212_170726.jpg (96.6 KB, 15 views)
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:48 PM   #1332
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah honestly any body who says King Sphinx is okay, is kinda cheating themselves, he really looks like he's unfinished, I was so excited when they announced him, then realized how lackluster his paint apps were on the face, I can't get over how he doesn't even have a painted mouth, no nose paint.. come on Hasbro, Hasbro power rangers team are like barely awake at the wheel, this is really evident by now.
Yep. This goes beyond a budget issue. This is just down lack of effort. No one expects a high end figure at this price point, but we do expect SOME kind of consistency. Hasbro gave us Wave 1 and 2 and promised us that would be the quality of figure we'd be getting going forward and they just lied to us. It wouldn't be so bad if they were giving us low effort stuff since the beginning but they basically roped us into committing to this line and once they got us hooked they just let the quality decline. If they were honest from the beginning I wouldn't be so bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
If they couldn't even cost out a little black paint for King Sphinx's nose and mouth, how the hell are they planning to make Eyeguy?
Can't wait for the deluxe $40 paint job to be the same level as the figure from 1994.
I dunno. The 1994 version might beat out the LC version in some areas like the 1994 Sphinx beat out the LC Sphinx. Like the head sculpt is much better in the 94 Sphinx than the LC Sphinx and the face is fully painted. The big eye in its mouth will probably be unpainted for the LC verson.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-27-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:23 AM   #1333
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Where? Which Markham EB Games? Markville Mall EB? What day December 21st last week? All I found was Pumpkin Rapper and that's all not King Sphinx, Astronema and Red in Space Ranger or Blue Ranger 2k
A couple weeks ago at the Markham Wismer EB, early December. I know I posted it here.

I looked at it, laughed and didn't bother with it.

The 2packs have definitely been spotted in Ontario. I own Space Red, so they're out there.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:59 AM   #1334
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Yeah I saw the 2-pack In Space and SPD in White Oaks, London EB Games. I was surprised how early they were considering they were set to release in January.
MorphGrid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:14 AM   #1335
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

The art work of King Sphinx is more accurate than the actual figure. That always amused me with lightning collection. The box art is infinitely better than the figure itself.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:37 AM   #1336
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah honestly any body who says King Sphinx is okay, is kinda cheating themselves, he really looks like he's unfinished, I was so excited when they announced him, then realized how lackluster his paint apps were on the face, I can't get over how he doesn't even have a painted mouth, no nose paint.. come on Hasbro, Hasbro power rangers team are like barely awake at the wheel, this is really evident by now.
Disagree to the max. I love him. It took me three minutes to add a dab of paint to his nose, mouth and the hieroglyphs on his chest. It’s not excusable that Hasbro skimped out on those, but anyone that writes off the figure for that alone is cheating themselves. He’s got good articulation, looks intimidating, and is solid and beefy. The scale is...actually kinda show accurate. People tend to forget that the monsters of the week were stunt guys in big padded rubber suits fighting five to six gymnasts in spandex. They were bigger than the Rangers all around. But hey, to each their own. I think he’s a solid release and am glad to have him on the shelf. I’m excited to see wave 2 come along, and hope to see some more of the classics as well, especially Guitardo and Pudgy Pig.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #1337
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

If you like it and don't have a problem with it, that's fine but the scale is not accurate at all. Monsters in the MMPR season never towered over rangers like that. Some seasons like Wild Force did have monsters that towered over the Rangers but MMPR isn't one of them.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #1338
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
If you like it and don't have a problem with it, that's fine but the scale is not accurate at all. Monsters in the MMPR season never towered over rangers like that. Some seasons like Wild Force did have monsters that towered over the Rangers but MMPR isn't one of them.
Not the best stills, but the monsters are almost always bigger. Pumpkin Rapper towers over an upright Putty and King Sphinx is a good bit taller than Red. Couldn’t find many other stills to compare heights side by side. Most of the fights in the shows were shot in ways that you don’t notice the differences (either them blasting each other from across a field or close up with the Rangers jumping in to attack them).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A30F345A-FD1C-4389-AF6D-05B506E6512C.jpg (5.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 84B76C28-7A11-4C59-8FE7-FE54A28AD274.jpg (5.6 KB, 19 views)
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:15 PM   #1339
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Amazon has "preorders" for the next wave.

https://www.amazon.ca/Rangers-Lightn.../dp/B08MVVH5HD
Lost Red
https://www.amazon.ca/Rangers-Lightn...dp/B08MVTKSV8/
Zeo Green
https://www.amazon.ca/Rangers-Lightn...dp/B08MVT4BDL/
Dino Blue
https://www.amazon.ca/Rangers-Lightn...dp/B08MVRFQTV/
SPD Pink

Zeo Green will probably be the most coveted of the bunch.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #1340
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Thanks for posting these. Looks like a price hike for the lightning collection unfortunately.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote