ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-08-2023, 03:32 PM   #6691
Enforcer
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Are we all really pissed at Hasbro for not properly spacing out their product to accommodate our buying habits?

You guys are too funny. What's accountability? Never heard of it.

Looks like I just got charged for the X-Men Villains set, Blob and both sets of 3 packs. $500 all in. Lots to open this week

Last edited by Enforcer; 03-08-2023 at 03:50 PM.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 03:53 PM   #6692
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Are we all really pissed at Hasbro for not properly spacing out their product to accommodate our buying habits?

Ha more like minor levels annoyed, it's just down to poor distribution practice, but that's not really having much to do with them, but if some of these things would have came out when the other retailers got them, my CC wouldn't be screaming in agony, and I wouldn't have had to spend hours on the phone fixing things, so it's almost backed handed, make us spend all kinds of money in one go, but our financial institutions are blocking the payments

Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 04:02 PM   #6693
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Ah - I've got a $1000 limit card specifically for online pre-orders etc that doesn't flag transactions from retailers I've purchased significant amounts from in the past. Never have that issue.

That being said, if I had not stayed strong and started buying GI Joe, I might be flirting with that upper limit on the card right now. Plus the reveals today looked so awesome.

But I... don't need them. I don't have the space. I don't need them.

I don't.

I really don't.

I want them.
Old 03-08-2023, 05:52 PM   #6694
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

Looks like I just got charged for the X-Men Villains set, Blob and both sets of 3 packs. $500 all in. Lots to open this week
That's weird I've got both 3 packs and villains preordered. But only got shipped two black series figures so far. I've also got blob preordered in store but that store closed and my preorder was "moved" to another location. I'm not holding my breath since another in store preorder was moved there and I made two of them on the shelf last time I was there.

Looks like I got my preorder in for the two three packs. Shipping label prepared is al it says right now though.

Last edited by lifedragon99; 03-09-2023 at 11:29 AM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 11:29 AM   #6695
lifedragon99
Decepticon

The new spider-man wave is going on pre order today at 1pm est on pulse so should be up later today or tomorrow on GameStop.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 11:40 AM   #6696
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
The new spider-man wave is going on pre order today at 1pm est on pulse so should be up later today or tomorrow on GameStop.

And on Retro cards with no BAF!!!!!!

What the #@#$%?????

Most of the figures in the wave are "new/modern" figures, not really a fit with the Retro card aesthetic.

And no BAF is a choice to say the least. I guess that makes it easier for me. I'll stick with Tarantula and The Rose (but probably only on sale) and maybe Daredevil.

Otherwise an easy pass now.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:13 PM   #6697
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I said the same thing, why are these figures on retro cards? The only thing I can think of is that it saves Hasbro from including a BaF and paying for the very costly tooling for the extra figure.

It's greedy and exploiting the customerbase. I was going to get Rose and Tarantula but am skipping them now. Besides, knowing Hasbro, we'll get a Rose re-release in a few years that includes an unmasked head (Fisk?)
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:23 PM   #6698
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Yeah this is a real headscratcher move. Lacking accessories and no BAF on a modern wave at full price is gonna piss people off. A lot of people. As it is, I'm not a fan of the strategy.

Last edited by Enforcer; 03-09-2023 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 01:09 PM   #6699
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
That's weird I've got both 3 packs and villains preordered. But only got shipped two black series figures so far. I've also got blob preordered in store but that store closed and my preorder was "moved" to another location. I'm not holding my breath since another in store preorder was moved there and I made two of them on the shelf last time I was there.

Looks like I got my preorder in for the two three packs. Shipping label prepared is al it says right now though.
Yeah got charged for Blob, Banshee 3 pack, Villains, also SWTBS Jade, but only got shipped Covergirl and Outback (which I don't even want anymore)

I imagine later today or tomorrow they will ship the rest, weird only select items are shipping to people at one time, even though all of these items got released today.
Old 03-09-2023, 01:11 PM   #6700
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
And on Retro cards with no BAF!!!!!!

What the #@#$%?????

Most of the figures in the wave are "new/modern" figures, not really a fit with the Retro card aesthetic.

And no BAF is a choice to say the least. I guess that makes it easier for me. I'll stick with Tarantula and The Rose (but probably only on sale) and maybe Daredevil.

Otherwise an easy pass now.
as much as I love when we get great BAFs , this strategy can let me cherry pick so I'm cool, kinda fine with once in a while no BAF, since already this year 2 BAF waves I wanted the BAF and made me buy figures I don't want.

This wave I am stress free just grabbing Rose, Tarantula, Jessica and DD Elektra.

do I think this is a slick and somewhat distasteful move from Hasbro yes, they know in recent times the Carded figures sell really well, the bean counters saw that, little did they realize it wasn't because they were carded but because it was indemand figures, they are trying to see if this drives sales likely, also of course BAFs cost them more tooling budget, but should they have upped the accessories here, yes, they gave the minimum, so it feels like a bit of a lame move.

Last edited by Lord Scareglow; 03-09-2023 at 01:13 PM.