ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-07-2023, 11:24 AM   #231
Lord Scareglow
Whatever
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I'm sure all the money Outrun stole from us helped cushion the blow. F that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
You already forget how he ran off with people's money in the end? No sympathy for that guy at all.
Nah, I know in the end things ended up poorly for people with outrun, but the owner was a legitimate person, that actually had really horrible things befall them, sadly from the customer side it looked like they might have been a fraudster, but he was a really real human with very much a dream to bring a great toy buying experience to the local community but things didn't pan out, sorry to those who lost out when the smoke cleared but that was a store and 2 very real and loving toy collectors who wanted a great thing, just a ton occurred that ruined that. nowhere near was that establishment and owners even in the same vein as NMC and Asston Dasnakeva, it still makes me very sad that Outrun didn't make it. if they had the ability it would have been an awesome place, the heart was there it was just some really shitty things that made that fall apart, bummed people lost out there, but I know they if could have rectified everything they would have, but it's a hard game running a business.

Last edited by Lord Scareglow; 10-07-2023 at 11:28 AM.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 11:17 PM   #232
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Nah, I know in the end things ended up poorly for people with outrun, but the owner was a legitimate person, that actually had really horrible things befall them, sadly from the customer side it looked like they might have been a fraudster, but he was a really real human with very much a dream to bring a great toy buying experience to the local community but things didn't pan out, sorry to those who lost out when the smoke cleared but that was a store and 2 very real and loving toy collectors who wanted a great thing, just a ton occurred that ruined that. nowhere near was that establishment and owners even in the same vein as NMC and Asston Dasnakeva, it still makes me very sad that Outrun didn't make it. if they had the ability it would have been an awesome place, the heart was there it was just some really shitty things that made that fall apart, bummed people lost out there, but I know they if could have rectified everything they would have, but it's a hard game running a business.
Sure, but even telling people what's going on (doesn't need to be in detail if it's personal) is the least somebody can do in that situation. It's never cool to just ghost customers who have given you money.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 09:32 AM   #233
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

NMC Toys website domain has expired and their socials (minus Twitter at the time of this post) have been erased.

Rest in shit.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #234
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

good riddance
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 01:49 PM   #235
erik352
Cylon Centurion

Finally! At least he won't be able to victimize any more new customers. I just hope those who still have orders from him get some form of compensation.

Overall I count myself fortunate. Like many who got scammed, I didnt get my preorder...but was able to get store credit and get instock items to things I dont need, which I was partially able to sell. At least I got something...some people got their money back, but a lot didn't
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:33 PM   #236
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Good riddance indeed.
That POS got away with $550 of my money first by ignoring my emails until his one year policy for refunds past, and then my emails were ignored for how to use my store credit to make a purchase on something/anything in stock. Congrats to you erik352 for being able to get some money back.

I hope someone knows where he lives. Four slashed tires would make up for the money he stole from me I think…
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 07:07 PM   #237
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Good riddance indeed.
That POS got away with $550 of my money first by ignoring my emails until his one year policy for refunds past, and then my emails were ignored for how to use my store credit to make a purchase on something/anything in stock. Congrats to you erik352 for being able to get some money back.

I hope someone knows where he lives. Four slashed tires would make up for the money he stole from me I think?
Would it be possible for those who have been scammed by this guy to get together and get a class action lawsuit against him going?
$550 is not an insignificant amount of money, and many of the posts in this thread talk about how the guy stole their money and/or received nothing.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 01:27 PM   #238
erik352
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Good riddance indeed.

I hope someone knows where he lives. Four slashed tires would make up for the money he stole from me I think?
thanks! but dang, was walking on egg shells talking with this guy so he actually ships something to me. But yeah I hope he somehow gets punish for this scam he's been running since covid hit.
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 01:54 PM   #239
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Good riddance.

But all like all turds...they always float back to the surface. He will be back.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 02:06 PM   #240
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
thanks! but dang, was walking on egg shells talking with this guy so he actually ships something to me. But yeah I hope he somehow gets punish for this scam he's been running since covid hit.
Yeah, I had to do that too. Ended up getting a bunch of stuff I didn't necessarily need just so I don't have any money left on the table for him.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote