ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-10-2023, 11:30 AM   #731
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
To them if they have to make less product (3 figures instead of 4) then they can pocket that extra little bit per package.
See, I think their approach should be "lets do something cool and sell 1000 more units, creating revenue of almost 3 million extra dollars"

Hasbro gets more $$$$ that way, get a better return on all their costs.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 11:54 AM   #732
Darth Cujo
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
While there is always the chance of a large number of people backing out, the reality is that the Dragonfly is funded. That means it is getting made. There is no "will it, won't it?"
Hypothetically speaking though, if there was a mass exodus and the number of backers dropped below the goal, would they still produce it? I don't think that will happen, as I said, I think enough people want it regardless of the stretch goals. But looking at the fine print it seems a bit ambiguous. It says once the goal is reached, it becomes funded, but what if enough people cancel before a deadline and it is no longer at that threshold?
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 02:25 AM   #733
Robimus
Super Moderator

Pretty big jump since the Crazy Legs announcement.

Yes, if enough people dropped out it would not go through. But that isn't going to happen in this instance.

Current numbers aside, enough people were pleased with the base offering that 5000 plus cancelations would be extremely unlikely.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 04:32 AM   #734
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Dragonfly:

15,413 / 10,000 (+358) 154.13% of funding goal with 6d 19h left.

Well we finally saw the last tier, so now no excuses. If you want this badly enough get off the fence.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 09:53 AM   #735
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

It will fly through the last tiers in the final day(s).
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:00 PM   #736
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

With Hot Toys Mando Luke arriving over 6 months late and the battle droid a couple months early, add in the Toy Snowman Canada Sale, and my budget is blown. However, if all tiers unlock I'll go broker.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 06:43 AM   #737
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Dragonfly:

15,617 / 10,000 (+204) 156.17% of funding goal with 5d 17h left.

Well it looks like the final few days should be interesting. Back up to triple digit daily gains and Crazylegs is a nice reveal.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:27 PM   #738
Darth Cujo
Super Friend

Crazy Legs is an okay reveal, I guess. Not very exciting but a nice looking figure. I'm not even sure I would buy the regular one let alone a night force one, so really all three unlocks are unnecessary figures for my collection. If I pull the trigger I'm not sure if I would keep one or all the unlocks. Selling would help recoup some cost. Though likely not as much as I'd like.theyre all pretty lukewarm, so won't likely fetch much on the secondary market.

Bottom line is the dragonfly looks fantastic, as does wild bill. Actually all the figures look great. I have a few more days to decide if I want to jump in!
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 06:48 AM   #739
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Dragonfly:

15,825 / 10,000 (+208) 158.25% of funding goal with 4d 17h left.

Another 200+ daily gain. It is slowly picking up. At this rate Glenda should be unlocked by this time tomorrow. Then it will be the wait and see what happens in the final days. Though my guess is we will see this break 20,000 units. *fingers crossed*
Old 07-13-2023, 06:54 AM   #740
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cujo View Post
Crazy Legs is an okay reveal, I guess. Not very exciting but a nice looking figure. I'm not even sure I would buy the regular one let alone a night force one, so really all three unlocks are unnecessary figures for my collection. If I pull the trigger I'm not sure if I would keep one or all the unlocks. Selling would help recoup some cost. Though likely not as much as I'd like.theyre all pretty lukewarm, so won't likely fetch much on the secondary market.

Bottom line is the dragonfly looks fantastic, as does wild bill. Actually all the figures look great. I have a few more days to decide if I want to jump in!

The Skystriker figures are going for around $50Cdn each on the secondary market right now. So you could probably get the same for the Dragonfly figures on the secondary market. Probably more due to the fact that Classified is the current "hot" line for Joe. They are selling better than O-Ring which is probably true due to the fact that Hasbro has all but abandoned the O-Ring line for now.

So you might get even a bit more than $50Cdn per figure. Wild Bill of course will sell for more, but once they do a retail release he probably will level out.

In the end though, if you really aren't feeling it don't buy it. Save the money for other things because you'll still be out some money even if you sell off the stuff you don't want.

If you don't buy it, you won't be out any money.