ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-22-2020, 07:25 PM   #2391
chuskers
Cobra Trooper
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanhulkbuster View Post
they got the same number of Dark Beasts as every other character. He is simply more sought out after. Another Dimensions Comics here received the wave. Characters that were cherry picked are typically Dark Beast Sunfire Weapon X and Jean Grey.

I guess not everyone wants to build a Sugar Man.

My Indigo order shipped, Dark Beast was already sold out. I have three shipped from Target and Hasbro Pulse so Im not too worried about getting him. Those figures are stuck at the border crossing though.. who knows when that will reopen.
I only need one, but I’m glad you’re getting three ...
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #2392
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
This post is dripping with bitter jealousy...

Toys. They bring out the best in us.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:19 AM   #2393
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Welp, I just got an email saying that Dark Beast will be delayed. I can’t imagine that Indigo will be able to order more cases from Hasbro, but I guess we will just wait and see. I have one on pre-order from BBTS just in case though.

On another note this may be the last Marvel Legends wave that I get. I mean, never say never, but I’m so tired of the distribution and the chase. I suppose I could just order full cases from our Canadian online retailers, but there is really no fun in that. I can’t be the only one who misses being able to walk into a toy isle and find something new?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:27 AM   #2394
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Welp, I just got an email saying that Dark Beast will be delayed. I can’t imagine that Indigo will be able to order more cases from Hasbro, but I guess we will just wait and see. I have one on pre-order from BBTS just in case though.

On another note this may be the last Marvel Legends wave that I get. I mean, never say never, but I’m so tired of the distribution and the chase. I suppose I could just order full cases from our Canadian online retailers, but there is really no fun in that. I can’t be the only one who misses being able to walk into a toy isle and find something new?
Yeah, I know what you mean. I liked having an excuse to go places. There's so much enjoyment going out to find the figures and real satisfaction when you find what you're looking for. But the horrible distribution makes hunting for the figures pointless (because there's a 99% chance that what you're looking for isn't on the shelves).

I'm also getting a bit fatigued with Marvel Legends. What else can they do other than update old figures? I honestly have skipped the last 3 or 4 waves completely due to them being not really interesting to me (I did pick up Black Widow and Taskmaster, but that was pretty much it).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #2395
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
Well three of my preorders went thru

No ones stopping u from ordering from the aforementioned sites

I forgot to cancel on Hasbro pulse btw... I have to drive down 6 hrs to get them
ironmanhulkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:48 AM   #2396
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Yeah I'm not missing the "hunt".

I can't be bothered anymore. It is a waste of gas, and more importantly, my time. If there are figures I really want then I can order them to avoid the hassle. If I don't think they are worth the price I either skip them, or wait and see if they are available on sale.

Maybe it's me getting older but I prefer the toy to the hunt more. Also my view on spending/saving has changed and I actually make more of my decisions based on total cost than just toy cost.

I still hunt when I'm out for specific chores, but I no longer go out specifically to hunt, especially since I can do most of the "searching" online anyway
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:51 AM   #2397
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Forgot to mention that I am super excited though about that new Marvel Select Taskmaster!!! Looks incredible and can't wait to add it to my Taskmaster collection.

Now come on Hot Toys and make a comic version of Taskmaster, I'm sure you can put it under your Marvel Future Fight line to get it done.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #2398
wedge1021
Mutant

I'm going on about 9 years of ordering regular waves of action figures by the case (Star Wars & Marvel Legends), and I don't miss the hunt one bit. Not only does it save time, gas and worry, but it also saves me money - I'm not buying additional impulse items at the store as much due to not being in there anymore. And I still get the occasional satisfaction of finding something new when I'm looking for the exclusives, 2-packs or box sets, which is enough for me.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #2399
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I started ordering online more in the last few months since we can't do Toy Shows and most stores were closed due to COVID, but there is definitely fun in the hunt.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #2400
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Just got my apocalypse wave from chapters - no lucky dark beast in this shipment lol
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote