ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #21
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Marvel Universe 3 3/4-inch Action Figures Released in Canada

battle packs haven't been released in Canada. Which sucks.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #22
t.wizard
Clonetrooper

I was thinking about the BAF idea with the MU line and would the cost rise that much? Most of the figures have some sort of plastic energy item already and a stand. Replace those with an arm or leg and it's not that much more plastic.

Plus, look at the new GI Joe and the amount of guns and ammo (plus the detail. you can load bullets into clips) that Hasbro includes and the price is still decent.

As for having to collect the entire line. Most collector's already do and other buyers probably wouldn't notice or care..... as long as the price is still the same.
t.wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
t.wizard
Clonetrooper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-tMh2IFrLk

came across this youtube link and got a laugh out of it.

Cheers
Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #24
thunderboy
Clonetrooper

never thought i would be able to empathize with Hitler...lol
thunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #25
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.wizard View Post
I was thinking about the BAF idea with the MU line and would the cost rise that much? Most of the figures have some sort of plastic energy item already and a stand. Replace those with an arm or leg and it's not that much more plastic.

Plus, look at the new GI Joe and the amount of guns and ammo (plus the detail. you can load bullets into clips) that Hasbro includes and the price is still decent.
No, no... it would raise the price if we're talking about a big BaF (there wouldn't be much point in doing a normal adult-sized BaF, it'd be simpler just to release it as a basic carded figure). Hasbro has stated that the most costliest part of the figure is the paint apps, especially the face, and right now the accessories that do come with MU figs, are really cheap to include - no paint apps and usually just some simple "powerblast". Paint + a big plastic limb/torso increases the cost.

You can't use GI Joe as an example because it's a wholly-owned Hasbro property; Marvel otoh, is something that Hasbro has to pay *big* licensing fees to, much like Star Wars. If you own the franchise, like Joe, you can take the savings and apply it towards lots of accessories/weapons/gear (which is also a huge part of the Joe appeal to fans too, getting lots of cool weapons; that's not so much a part of either SW or the Marvel appeal).

Quote:
As for having to collect the entire line. Most collector's already do and other buyers probably wouldn't notice or care..... as long as the price is still the same.
I wouldn't necessarily make a blanket statement that all collectors do buy the entire wave. I actually don't know many that do - the contents of a given wave tend to be really diverse, which is great if you just plain love anything and everything in the MarvelU, but it's a super-broad universe, even more than the Star Wars one, and I see fans having more specific niche tastes. I go almost strictly for the classic-era Marvel myself, and could care less about modern costumes or even the film characters for the most part.

BaF always sounds great to buyers until you get that one BaF that's either an army builder or he's stuffed in a wave of "undesirable" figures that a collector doesn't want to buy e.g. in the recent Star Wars BaF, you'd see a desirable Original Trilogy BaF who was packed in a wave of just prequel-era figures, which really really annoyed those who hated the prequels and didn't want to buy that wave. Buy the completed BaF on ebay? Sure... for $45! Trust me, BaF are just a bad idea for us... sometimes a great idea for Hasbro though.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #26
t.wizard
Clonetrooper

wow. thanks for the rebuttal. Many good points. I thought it was a great idea for a BAF but when you put it that way it wouldn't work.

Tags
marvel universe