ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #111
Crobot91
Clonetrooper
Re: Action Figure Fraud: Is this a problem at your local stores???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Saw this rare Starman variant at Wal Mart in Brampton (Queen & Airport)

I hate this!!
Although it's wrong; this instance of toy swapping really gave me a chuckle...
Crobot91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #112
comicbookboy
Cobra Trooper

seen a couple months ago of the Guardians of the Galaxy iron man with a skull ring head in the packaging on display.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:00 PM   #113
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield

Someone is switching the BAF parts at the WM at STC for the Avengers Marvel Legends line.

EpicLumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #114
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

I recently saw the new white Iron Fist Legend with an Annhilus leg in the box instead of the Odin leg at TRU in Pickering.....so maddening that things like this happen everywhere.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #115
Webs
Man of Spiders

Not exactly the same thing,but the southside TRU has had one of these old Qwardian weaponer figures hanging on the pegs since the end of December.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 AM   #116
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

I've seen swapped toys on the pegs in Wal-mart one day, then gone the next. Do the reps (ie. Hasbro) pull the "bad" figures or do they get sold?
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #117
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Not that I've seen here in Western Canada...but did see some old DIAMOND SELECT figures at 2 different Walfarts not long ago...really weird ...they were dated from '96 I think.
Walfart lady said they will return anything !!!!
Really !!!??!!!!
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:55 PM   #118
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

Found this today at Coppercreek Wal-mart. Actually, my wife found this and said "Hey look, Thor. Isn't he hard to find?" They she wandered over to Electronics.
I was still going through the Transformers deluxe pegs looking for Combiner Wars wave 2. When I checked out Thor, I noticed he was missing the BAF, sword AND Mjolnir. I took a pic to show my wife, but left Thor on the peg.

Inhale's new thread made me think about this again. I guess us collectors have "trained" eyes. My wife probably would have bought this if she thought I needed it.

I think Hasbro needs to address this. The Infinite packaging is too inviting to scams like this. The Cap series was the worst since it didn't even have tape on the back! I think that Hasbro should use the clam shell packaging that Toybiz used. I never saw a swapped toy in a clam shell. We are already paying $25 regular price per ML figure. If Hasbro wants to suggest this price, they should protect their product. No collector will buy this "naked" Thor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Naked Thor.jpg (72.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 03:27 AM   #119
inhale
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Found this today at Coppercreek Wal-mart. Actually, my wife found this and said "Hey look, Thor. Isn't he hard to find?" They she wandered over to Electronics.
I was still going through the Transformers deluxe pegs looking for Combiner Wars wave 2. When I checked out Thor, I noticed he was missing the BAF, sword AND Mjolnir. I took a pic to show my wife, but left Thor on the peg.

Inhale's new thread made me think about this again. I guess us collectors have "trained" eyes. My wife probably would have bought this if she thought I needed it.

I think Hasbro needs to address this. The Infinite packaging is too inviting to scams like this. The Cap series was the worst since it didn't even have tape on the back! I think that Hasbro should use the clam shell packaging that Toybiz used. I never saw a swapped toy in a clam shell. We are already paying $25 regular price per ML figure. If Hasbro wants to suggest this price, they should protect their product. No collector will buy this "naked" Thor.
Thanks for the shout (kinda lol) i recently found somewhere..cant remember a infinite series odin hawkeye with his damn clothes off and his arrow in lieu of the place where the BAF part would be.. and i dont even think it was the original clear plastic..think it was from another figure. Seeing that just got me frustrated

And yes, i did jump the gun in making the thread but thanks to EricLumpia for the direction to this main thread.
inhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 AM   #120
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhale View Post
Thanks for the shout (kinda lol) i recently found somewhere..cant remember a infinite series odin hawkeye with his damn clothes off and his arrow in lieu of the place where the BAF part would be.. and i dont even think it was the original clear plastic..think it was from another figure. Seeing that just got me frustrated

And yes, i did jump the gun in making the thread but thanks to EricLumpia for the direction to this main thread.
That Hawkeye was at Markville Wal-mart! Someone stripped the "H" vest, quiver and BAF and stuck the bow in the BAF area which was not Odin torso sized. It was among a dozen normal Hawkeyes. I now ask my wife to send me a pic of any figure she finds before she buys it.