ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #621
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantripod View Post
So is that it for the Lizard wave? No Mysterios for anyone?
I guess its appropriate for the character

Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #622
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Here's the IM3 pack for $99.99 @ TRU:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....eFindItInStore
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:20 PM   #623
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Here's the IM3 pack for $99.99 @ TRU:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....eFindItInStore
Available to ship now!
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #624
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Looks like Avengers Black Widow and Black Knight are back in-stock to ship but are unsearchable on TRU.ca. Only saw them when using the above 3-pack link and it was in a bundle choice. Could not find Thor.

BOGOHO ends July 1st according to the store signs I saw today.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #625
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Wait the BOGO is for Marvel Legends too?

So the X-Men wave would be BOGO since the shelf date is July 1st?
Old 06-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #626
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
Wait the BOGO is for Marvel Legends too?

So the X-Men wave would be BOGO since the shelf date is July 1st?
I answered my own question and bought these tonight and the BOGO 1/2 Off did work on them!!!

Old 06-29-2018, 08:48 PM   #627
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

Just a general question about a figure: I got my infinity war wave 2 Thor figure today and the legs are ridiculously loose. Did anyone else experience this with their Thor figure? I can’t really pose him around because of how loose they are.

Thanks.
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:08 PM   #628
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn6969 View Post
Just a general question about a figure: I got my infinity war wave 2 Thor figure today and the legs are ridiculously loose. Did anyone else experience this with their Thor figure? I can’t really pose him around because of how loose they are.

Thanks.
Call Hasbro and they will send a replacement.

Amazon Canada has him in stock so if you got it there you could get a replacement there or buy another there and return the loose one wherever you got it?

You could heat and cool to try and tighten the joints but honestly if it's like that right out of the box then get it replaced.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:16 AM   #629
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

What exactly is loose on your Cull Wave Thor? The ball joints at the hips on mine move a little if I shake him, but the knees and ankles are tight. Only problem is... mine has a fused elbow/arm which I have no idea how to fix so I'll need to return and replace if I ever find him in-store out here.

Also... (because I've gone through this already earlier this year for a BS6 Lando who had no hand)...

Do NOT go the Hasbro way with asking for a replacement. Their only option is: refund of 19.99 USD OR sending any equivalent toy of that value to you. It may be a shelf-warmer from 2015.

I asked for the refund and their process was... (after several emails providing them info), that they sent me a return label... in the mail. Then I returned the figure to HasCan in Quebec and 3 weeks later I got an update that my refund would be processed. And then a paper cheque was sent out and it took another 2 weeks to arrive from Rhode Island. They spent more than $19.99 for the mailing they did.

So while they had great customer service it was really slow since they use mail for everything.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #630
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
What exactly is loose on your Cull Wave Thor? The ball joints at the hips on mine move a little if I shake him, but the knees and ankles are tight. Only problem is... mine has a fused elbow/arm which I have no idea how to fix so I'll need to return and replace if I ever find him in-store out here.

Also... (because I've gone through this already earlier this year for a BS6 Lando who had no hand)...

Do NOT go the Hasbro way with asking for a replacement. Their only option is: refund of 19.99 USD OR sending any equivalent toy of that value to you. It may be a shelf-warmer from 2015.

I asked for the refund and their process was... (after several emails providing them info), that they sent me a return label... in the mail. Then I returned the figure to HasCan in Quebec and 3 weeks later I got an update that my refund would be processed. And then a paper cheque was sent out and it took another 2 weeks to arrive from Rhode Island. They spent more than $19.99 for the mailing they did.

So while they had great customer service it was really slow since they use mail for everything.

With regards to that Thor, I have had the exact same issue with the hip joints and a fused elbow.

I managed to fix the fused elbow by heating up the joint, popping out the joint pegs, and then carefully separating the fused portion with a thin sharp blade.

Regarding the very loose hip joints, my normal fix would be to VERY CAREFULLY place a bit of superglue between the hip joint bar and the crotch piece, and then hold it tight until they glue together, eliminating the wobble.

However, with this particular Thor figure, the glue that normally works just won't get the two pieces of plastic to stick together. I'm no chemist so I have no idea what is different with this Thor, but that's what I was left with.

I'd also agree with not going the Hasbro return route, in that you may not get the figure you actually want a replacement of.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote