ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 09-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
zartan
Red Shirt
Case to protect Gi joes

Hi Guys,

I've heard of putting carded joes in clear cases...I believe they are called 'Star cases' ??

Are they worth it? and is there a place to get them in canada?? for cheaper than paying for S&H and US prices etc.

Thanks in advance for any inputs or suggestions
Regards
Zartan
zartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Evan
Jedi Knight
Re: Case to protect Gi joes

Hasbro Toy Shop has ones specifically made to fit GIJoe figures. As for ones available in Canada with reasonable shipping costs, I'm not sure.

I don't have any, but I've been interested in getting some, so yes I would say it's worth it, but maybe someone who actually uses them would know better.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe

The star cases aren't exactly meant for Joes, so they're quite big, but Hasbro has the ones specific for Joes. You can buy them from HTS but the shipping is crazy, or buy from Ebay. I think it works out to about $2 per case plus shipping.

I don't know if they totally worth it. They're definitely protective for sure, and I guess if you want to individually display them on your wall or shelf they're cool, but I just keep all my carded ones in big plastic bins that seal tight.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Quantum
Agent of Shield

I don't know of any places to get them at retail. Try some online collecting gear websites. The star cases are okay, but as mentioned, pretty big, but they do the job. I've got a couple of Joes in them myself.

Are you going to put them in cases and store or display? That'll help make the decision a bit. If you're storing, get the Joe-specific ones as you'll store more in less space. If just displaying, the star cases would be just fine so get whatever is cheaper online.

It's hard to get stuff like this at retail. I had to resort to online shopping to get some action figure stands for my MU figs. I called every comic and hobby shop in town (not really, but enough to not want to call anymore) and no one carried them.

Paying shipping is sometimes a necessary evil for this blasted hobby!
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
faustx
Red Shirt

I bring these back from the US sometimes to avoid the Cdn shipping....if people wanted in on getting some, let me know.

James
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
ZoloWorld
Red Shirt

Hello everyone,

We are offering many different action figure cases that will fit various toy lines.

Here are some pics.

This case is different than any on the market because it offers protection on the bottom of the card as well. This is where warping occurs and we have developed the answer. See the pic below.

Here is the Indy horse

LOTR

Keeps the backer card flat and prevents warping.

Check out our entire line-up here http://www.zoloworld.com/html/protective_cases.html

Thanks for looking