ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #1541
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
For bbts?
Yes sorry...i forgot to add BBTS
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #1542
Gphalen
Reviewer of Stuffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
That was going to be my conclusion based on reading this. They are basically a second tier customer for these exclusives. Obviously they are ordered by the primary US exclusive holder, and EB just gets the 'leftovers'. In which case stock will always be unpredictable, and they should not be taking any preorders on this type of product.
I got my 2 pre orders via website within 9 hrs of store opening the day of release, However, Eb has been notoriously horrible for pre orders, Lets take Wolff for an example. No pre order was ever posted nothing ever mentioned, How did they sell out before it got posted they were taking pre orders? Owners of EB franchises have a list of "Good" customers they call to inform of upcoming pre orders so they can get in on them first. My friend happens to be one and gets the call constantly, if they want to owners will hold product in the back for them which eliminates stock. Walmart is no better, Toys R us hasn`t really stocked new product since the US went under. Distribution is horrible in Canada via Hasbro
Gphalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #1543
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

I don’t think that EB games are franchises.

As for the continued pre-order issues, I think it is just a matter of their head office and distribution channels not understanding that the collector toy market is not the same as the video game market. Couple that with some poor managers and staff that sell the pre-orders to the general public.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:08 PM   #1544
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Still haven’t gotten mine in store and it has been up on the website for days now.

Brutal. Filed a formal complaint earlier today.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #1545
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
Still haven’t gotten mine in store and it has been up on the website for days now.

Brutal. Filed a formal complaint earlier today.
So I went into their site and sent them a complaint under the Contact Us link, (which, btw, works like crap on mobile- so tech savvy, our beloved EB). Sent it Friday night. Monday morning got a call from customer service saying they would look into it. Got a call back Monday night from the same lady saying my store had never received any, which she didn’t understand why, but she pushed through a shipment that they should receive later this week. So, maybe you’re in the same boat? I’ll post again by Friday if it actually shows up, but at least this is a hopeful sign. Fingers crossed.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #1546
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Yeah they said Thursday or Friday this week.

Just ridiculous it took 2 weeks after release while the website has had it up for days.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #1547
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Yeah they said Thursday or Friday this week.

Just ridiculous it took 2 weeks after release while the website has had it up for days.
Maybe the Universe will err in our favour and they’ll be part of the $5 Fridays sale.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #1548
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Maybe the Universe will err in our favour and they’ll be part of the $5 Fridays sale.
Hahaha

I spoke with the store manager today and honestly said that if I were him I would be upset that my store is getting passed over and stock is going entirely to the website first.

Defeats the purpose of an in store preorder and renders them basically useless since it’s going to take 2 weeks for mine to arrive in store but would likely take only a few days to arrive at my house if I bought it online.

And once again I don’t even care that much about this trooper! Just absurd what they’re doing with preorders lately.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:49 PM   #1549
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Hahaha

I spoke with the store manager today and honestly said that if I were him I would be upset that my store is getting passed over and stock is going entirely to the website first.

Defeats the purpose of an in store preorder and renders them basically useless since it’s going to take 2 weeks for mine to arrive in store but would likely take only a few days to arrive at my house if I bought it online.

And once again I don’t even care that much about this trooper! Just absurd what they’re doing with preorders lately.
Exactly this. I’ll still hit up my store constantly to see what’s new, but this experience has pretty much been a case of ‘the last straw’ with pre-orders. I’ve got 2 more headed to my store in the near future (hopefully), but from here on in if it can’t be ordered online I might just skip it or wait for it to show up decently priced on the secondary market. The amount of stress for something so inconsequential is mind boggling, and for as much as I like my store’s staff, the fact that I had to basically do their job and figure out why they hadn’t got a shipment is borderline insulting. All the while my Edge card expires in 9 days and I still haven’t received the half price renewal coupon I signed up for last month. Yeah, not feeling real motivated to renew it at the moment. I’m sure I will, cause my last receipt tells me I saved $189 last year, but I’m sure as fruck gonna put it off as long as possible. Grumble, grumble...
Old 03-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #1550
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

^ The trick with Edge is to see how many points you have pre rollover (login to the website and look under your transactions... the points will be on the right side somewhere) and if you have enough you either go up a level or maintain status for the entire following year. The point breakdown is hiding on their FAQ somewhere. I hit Onyx years ago and have never lost it as it takes 6000 points to maintain it.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote