ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #941
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Street date for the Endgame wave is March 30th.

My TRU got them in today and showed them to me but couldn’t sell them yet. Not sure if I’m getting any of them. Maybe Hercules.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #942
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I think I have it now...

Scalper = Literally anyone else who owns something you want but they got to it first.
Scalper = Literally anyone else who owns something you want but they got to it first but then sell it to you for an extreme markup.

Fixed
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:28 PM   #943
ApathyML
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Scalper = Literally anyone else who owns something you want but they got to it first but then sell it to you for an extreme markup.

Fixed

Capitalism*
ApathyML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #944
Webs
Man of Spiders

Are you dweebs seriously trying to defend scalping
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:02 PM   #945
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
They probably are scalpers. Sadly not everyone on the boards is here because they genuinely love the hobby or want to be part of the community. I know I’ve come across a few in the last couple of years who are literally just here because they want to make a few bucks and think we’re easy marks. Sucks, but it happens.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #946
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
Street date for the Endgame wave is March 30th.

My TRU got them in today and showed them to me but couldn’t sell them yet. Not sure if I’m getting any of them. Maybe Hercules.
Oooohhhh. Nice! Might grab Ronin and Maw. Maaaaybe Herc. The others... I have no idea who most of them even are. What a weird group of figures. It’s like they refuse to make a Thanos wave full of logical choice characters. And where the flipping flapjack is Shuri? I thought she was suppose to be in this wave. Sad panda...
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #947
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Anyone who had actually tryed to sell a toy on Kijiji, Ebay or other wise knows that it’s a royal pain in the ass and not worth the meager markup.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #948
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
No just the mythical paranoia surrounding it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
They probably are scalpers. Sadly not everyone on the boards is here because they genuinely love the hobby or want to be part of the community. I know I’ve come across a few in the last couple of years who are literally just here because they want to make a few bucks and think we’re easy marks. Sucks, but it happens.
That sounds like scalper talk to me...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Anyone who had actually tryed to sell a toy on Kijiji, Ebay or other wise knows that it’s a royal pain in the ass and not worth the meager markup.
This.

Point im making is that the so called problem is grossly over exaggerated. It is almost exclusively an excuse used for individuals who in a large market expect something they cant get right away. lets face it your not in most cases the sole collector out there hunting and a good majority are good collectors with good intentions buying something you want as much as them...when you call them a scalper you just come off petty

I can freely admit i buy multiples often, however i know several collectors whom we all help each other out as much as we can...even organizing large group buys for my USA runs...its a hobby as much as its a collective
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:59 AM   #949
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post

Fixed
maybe...

if your crazy enough to pay a large markup then who is the real fool ?
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:02 AM   #950
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

I think the difference is this is an adult collectors market and people have caught on that there is money to be made. It’s just the way it is. It’s not 1984 and you aren’t going to find Stormshadow on the peg at Zellers for $3.99. Mind you even back then if you wanted him you had to go to the smaller toy store in the mall to get him for $5.99. The 2 bucks difference seems small now but back then it was a big deal at least for me. So it’s always been sort of like this. Remember trying to get any transformer in Nov or Dec 1984, my sister went to a whole bunch of stores and found some at London Drugs but a kid and his Mom had claimed all 10 of them, fortunately they put Bluestreak back and she grabbed him.

Last edited by Marvellegendsguy; 03-15-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote