ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #121
Quantum
Agent of Shield
Re: Up-And-Coming DC Universe Classics!

I'm very excited for the 6" Young Justice figs, since the Teen Titans have always been my second favorite team, I'm stoked to get the versions I want (t-shirt Connor, Miss Martian).

Also excited for the Batman line. I'll be pretty selective about what I get, but it means more Bat-goodness, and that's always a good thing.

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #122
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Sorry they're a bit late, been sick with the flu since last Tuesday. But, we have some new and official Batman Legacy photos!

Included in the attatched pictures from Toy Ark are:

Arkham City Batman & Two-Face
Batman Begins Batman (Prototype Suit) and Jim Gordon
Batman Legacy Modern Age Batman
Silver Age Mr. Freeze

I am personally excited for the Arkham City 2-pack, but the others really don't catch my interest. Especially Mr. Freeze, he's just too oddly colored for my tastes.

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (35.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (35.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (24.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (36.5 KB, 7 views)

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #123
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

DCUC was once again a topic for discussion in the latest Ask Matty Q&A conducted by The Fwoosh, in their latest series of questions, the gang breifly touches on famous female DCUC characters they're itching to produce and hint at what we can expect for waves 19 & 20....

Q: Toy Guru, who is your number one most wanted female character for the DCUC line that has not been produced yet? What about some of the other people that work on the line? What ladies are popular in the Mattel offices?

A: We really want to get to Fire and Ice to get some more JLU characters out there. I’d also say Poison Ivy and Granny Goodness come up a lot in internal discussions.

Q: It is easy to see that the next two DCUC series (17 and 18) have a common “theme” for the most part (Rainbow Lanterns and Super Friends respectively); can we expect a return to a more “balanced” assortment scheme starting with series 19? It was nice when the waves has a little “something for everyone” in them.

A: Some more balance will be restored when we get to Wave 20. 19 will still have a bit of a theme to it (though not as much as Wave 17 which went 100% and fans didn’t see to care for that as much).

Thoughts? I myself would love to see a Poison Ivy figure made and as for Wave 19, if it's going to have a theme, perhaps this supports the earlier rumor it may be a JSA heroes and villians line.

What do you all think?

We also have the following from ToyArk and their latest Q&A with MattyCollector:

Q: A popular Batman ally that some current DCUC fans may have missed out on is Azrael from DC Super Heroes wave 3. Is he planned for re-release, possibly in the Batman Legacy 2 packs?

A) At this time there is no re-release planned. He was offered back in 2008/2009 in a two-pack, but this is the limit of his re-releases at this time.

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 03-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #124
Quantum
Agent of Shield

It's nice to see they're going to balance to waves out a bit more in the future, although, I'm a sucker for Lanterny goodness, so I'm all for more Lantern-centric waves!

It's also nice to hear them say they want Poison Ivy out, and I'm super-stoked about the Fire and Ice mention! Need more JLI!

- pud333
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #125
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Pop Culture Network just recently posted up some new videos of Mattel's DCUC, Young Justice and Green Lantern Movie and Classics Displays at the 2011 Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo! Check them out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCDA...&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5CFR...feature=relmfu

Facebook
Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #126
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

MattyCollector posted a shot of the upcoming Silver Age Batgirl on their Facebook page, which premiered at WonderCon this past weekend!

For those wondering about the figures utility belt, Mattel says:

For those fans wondering about the Batgirl premiere at WonderCon, note that the actual figure will have the correct Batgirl belt. For this weekend she's just borrowing one of Batman's belts."

More info on this great repaint as it becomes available! Thanks to MattyCollector for passing on the attached shot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batman-Legacy-Silver-Age-Batgirl_1301776424.jpg (85.3 KB, 4 views)

Facebook
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #127
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

DCUC.info passed on a shot of yet another Batman piece we can expect in the newly announced Batman Legacy line, which will hit retailers in Fall 2011.

Feast your eyes on the attached photo, which shows a figure that strongly resembles Batman from The Brave and the Bold in DCUC scale...

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bats1.jpg (83.0 KB, 13 views)

Facebook
Old 04-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #128
bambam
Super Friend

That's the Golden Age Batman based mostly on Dick Sprang's art. The Brave and The Bold Batman design is also inspired by Sprang, too.
bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #129
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Check out Sean Long's WonderCon 2011 video which shows off what we can expect in the Batman Legacy line coming in Fall 2011!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SEANxLONG#p/u/1/czh1UIEYghs

Facebook
Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #130
lars573
Clone trooper

Fwoosh just put a first look article on Green Lantern movie masters wave 1 Rot Lap Fan and Hal Jordan (the other from wave 1 is Tomar Re) and the matty exclusive Green Man.

Link
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote