ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
Ksteel
Mutant
McFarlane DC Line Officially Outsells Marvel Legends and SW Black Series in 2021

And all other figure lines.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ2KtViD...e-1359b940e8f1

In US and Canada.

This is a major shift.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:36 PM   #2
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme
Re: McFarlane DC Line Officially Outsells Marvel Legends and SW Black Series in 2021

That is great. I hope Hasbro heard that news and remembers that they're not the only game in town and we consumers know it.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:53 PM   #3
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Re: McFarlane DC Line Officially Outsells Marvel Legends and SW Black Series in 2021

In terms of individual units or gross revenue? Regardless if I was Hasbro they need to recognize they are running out of Marvel characters and prices are getting extreme. I prefer the six inch scale and articulation of Hasbro but the Mcfarlane figures are works of art.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:15 PM   #4
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
In terms of individual units or gross revenue? Regardless if I was Hasbro they need to recognize they are running out of Marvel characters and prices are getting extreme. I prefer the six inch scale and articulation of Hasbro but the Mcfarlane figures are works of art.

Individual units.

I would assume the gross revenue for Hasbro may be higher, given their pricepoint is essentially $10-15 more at this point.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:14 PM   #5
4lott
Master of the Universe

Also doesn’t hurt that Todd’s product is easier to find at retail
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #6
wedge1021
Mutant

Cool, looks like Todd accomplished his mission.
He said he wanted to see if he could beat the big companies at their own game.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:19 PM   #7
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Also doesn?t hurt that Todd?s product is easier to find at retail
Well, a lot of Walmart's seemed to have stopped stocking Marvel Legends, so something up with Hasbro distribution.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:33 PM   #8
4lott
Master of the Universe

And Import Dragon is no longer the distributer for McFarlane at least not to TRU. McFarlane products now come on their regular trucks and not delivered by Import Dragon. Slower but they’re still getting stock.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:42 PM   #9
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
And Import Dragon is no longer the distributer for McFarlane at least not to TRU. McFarlane products now come on their regular trucks and not delivered by Import Dragon. Slower but they?re still getting stock.
Are you sure? Import Dragon just 4 days ago posted one of their contests for some McFarlane figures.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:03 AM   #10
4lott
Master of the Universe

Buddy at TRU told me it’s been a while since any McF figures arrived thru Import Dragon and the figs are now arriving only in McF cases not import Dragon cases like when the line was launched. However
with toy distribution in Canada I’ve learned to never say never. Hopefully they are still involved since their distribution was excellent