ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-24-2015, 01:25 AM   #71
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here

Stitch- Everyone's favourite experimental alien killing machine turned Hawaii Elvis Fan with a heart of gold. Check out the little Sand Castle detail on the base; love it
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:50 PM   #72
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

48 & 49
Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes - Ronin & Youndo

Ronin- He may have been a total jerk n the movie, but he sure looks great in this Infinity Sculpt. I could be wrong but I think this could be the first MASS MURDER character featured in this family friendly game. Granted Goblin and Loki have a large body count, but I think Ronin is responsible for genocide. He does have a neat hammer though.

Youndo- At long last we finally have a plastic incarnation of the one and only Youndo. I mean, nothing against the character (who was fun) or the figure in general (very nice sculpt complete with his weird needle of death) but I can think of nearly 50 other characters that could have been featured instead. That said, I can't be too annoyed as I still kinda love it.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #73
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

50 & 51 & 52
Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes- Hawkeye & Hulk & Loki

Hawkeye- I'm not going to crap over Hawkeye as is typically the norm as of late. The comic has been good and there is something cool about an archer. That said, this version of the character is my least favourite as I prefer the masked look.

Hulk- Big fan of the BIG characters and Hulk may be the biggest. Very cool looking figure.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:34 PM   #74
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Loki- Who would have ever guessed that Loki would have ever been this popular. The is another one of my favourite figure of the series; Classic helmet and all just looks so great.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #75
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Tosho Daimos

SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #76
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Takasa/Tomy: Masterpiece, MP17; Prowl

I suppose at this point I'm just asking for the police to bust down my door this time with yet another KO. Before you cast judgement just know that not only do have legitimate MP figures in my collection, but I have been religiously buying and collecting Hasbro toys since 1985. I'm not suggesting that this makes up from anything, I'm just saying that I have hopefully earned a bit of good will over these recent transgressions.

Prowl here is a bit of an enigma for me. Like many kids in the 80's my brother and I were lucky enough to receive our fair share of toys, but we had an unwritten rule that we both followed; no multiples of the same figure. The reasoning was simple as it allowed us to collectively increase our toy ranks with different characters, but naturally lead to inherent favourites regardless of the characters personality.

For example, one Christmas I was gifted Dirge and he received Ramjet so logically Dirge was my favourite Seeker and his Ramjet. Looking back it seems that we were both wrong as Thrust was the coolest of them all, but I digress; you get the idea. With that in mind, you can maybe see why Prowl is an enigma; he was my brothers first Transformer as a kid and therefore I'm bound to not like him.

However this mould makes it so hard to stay true to the rules that we had as kids; it is so great. (forget the fact that he doesn't collect, nor care about trivial things!). Thankfully for me, I also picked up Smokescreen so I will be able to admire what I consider to be one of the best MP Cars to date, while not going against my natural instinct of disliking Prowl on principle.

From a KO toy perspective, Prowl seems to be the best quality of them all so far. Loose joints aside, everything lines up and functions nicely. I also really like how they engineered and archived the bulky feet, while not sacrificing mobility. The seller (TF-Direct) also included the shoulder rockets in separate packages; a nice touch and made me wonder if the legitimate release included them. They fit (loosely) of the movable tabs and really complete the over look.

Overall, like with the other KO releases, I'm pretty happy with Prowl and am very surprised with how well they did with him. I may even pick up a KO Bluestreak to complete the trio because I like the mould so much.

Pros: Overall decent quality for a KO. Great sculpt, articulation and overall feel.

Cons: Shoulder Rockets just kind of sit on the pegs loosely, minor paint blemishes, is a KO.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #77
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Playmates- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; original comic book Leonardo

This is my second of the original Comic Turtles and I have to say that I'm still disappointed with how these turned out; The lack of articulation really limits the great potential for these figures. Leonardo comes with his signature Katana blades and is pretty limited to how he can hold them; those Revoltechs are looking better each day! Also, aside from the head sculpt there is is also little to no difference to the body of Raphael.

Pros: Awesome look right out of the original comic.

Cons: No wrist swivels that makes for awkward poses, same body as line-mates

Old 12-06-2015, 11:53 PM   #78
Robimus
Super Moderator

Go ninja go ninja go!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:03 AM   #79
cloud
Master of the Universe

The lack of wrist joints really hurt the play value of the comic book Turtles.
I believe all 4 of them reuses the same body.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #80
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Go ninja go ninja go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
The lack of wrist joints really hurt the play value of the comic book Turtles.
I believe all 4 of them reuses the same body.
Yeah, much like the TMNT 2 movie, these figures were a faily big disapointment, which is too bad as there was so much potential. Like I said, when I'm feeling rich I will treat myself to the revoltech fgures.