ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
PegMan
Non-stick coated
Small town toys

I was in Portage La Prairie (an hour outside Winnipeg) yesterday and thought I'd look around town to see if there were any stores that carried figures or comic books or anything related.

There was a Dollarama and a Walmart that I went into, and the discount store had exactly the same as I the city. There were 4" Wolverine figs and Warcraft cards packs and the rest was, well, not anything collectible. The WM had some of the same items as the city stores, no MU Infinite, no Cap2 Infinite, none of the new Transformers that were released here a month ago and the same Star Wars peg warmers.

I asked some people at a local strip mall if there was a place in town where I might find comics and figures and they directed me to a store on the strip. I went in and asked about said items and the very polite girl working the till told me they haven't carried 'my' kind of things 4 years ago.

With all the things that are available these days - that aren't video game and computer related, do kids and collectors in smaller communities do for 'fun'? I get that commuting to the cities can be done, and online ordering is available, but I think there must be more out there.

The people I talked to, who directed me to the store that doesn't carry 'kids' collectibles any more, were 3 adults and one child (who was roughly 10-12 years old). I thanked them and went to my vehicle and grabbed a figure I had with me (black Spider-Man with hang glider MIB) and gave it to the boy as my thanks to them for their kindness, also it should be noted that every person I spoke to when I was there were extremely kind and polite to me.

So...if you're out there in Manitoba or anywhere else outside of the big cities, where do you get your stuff from and how hard to come by are the collectibles that you're looking for?

You can PM me if you like, maybe I can help you find something or give you an address for the next time you're in Winnipeg.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
PegMan
Non-stick coated
Re: Small town toys

Hey mods, please feel free to delete this thread. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it turns out not to be the case.

Thanks in advance!
Closed Thread