ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #371
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
I was just about to rant how there is no 3po yet! Lol what's the delay!!!!!!!!
I think they delayed 3PO due to wanting to get his plating right. I think they are planning to do him in vac-metal chrome finish. Hopefully they can find a way to do that properly, I hate when they just paint him.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #372
megathong
Cobra Trooper

Pretty pissed I haven't been able to find the $10 Blacks at Walmart in BC. Anyone find them around here yet?
megathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #373
Napseeker
Dark Knight

If you haven't seen them by now, it's a strong likelihood that you've already missed them. Most Walmarts seemed to have prematurely put the $10 blacks out way before Black Friday, I think about 4 or 5 days before. People already snapped them up... and the rest probably went at 6am on Friday (I had one friend who camped out to get his $10 Commander Cody right at 6am and there wasn't anything else left after 10min!)
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #374
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
My major issue with Yoda was the fact that he costs as much as a standard 6" figure...add to the fact that I never saw him at big box retail and only at comic shops where his price tag was between $30 and $35 before taxes.

I know Hasbro would never drop the price for one single sku in the series, but they could have included a small diarama piece or some extra accesories to justify the cost.

A snake? ...comon'!
This was brought up with Hasbro and they said that smaller figures like Yoda and R2 are offset by larger figures like Chewie and Phasma... so if you collect them all, it balances out... just like the Force :P
Old 12-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #375
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Why can't they bootleg 6" Han in Carbonite. Easy cash grab.
Actually I recall that someone did! It was mentioned on the rebelscum forums many months ago I believe and the person was selling them on ebay for a "reasonable" price (can't remember what that price was though... the shipping made it more expensive and the fact that it was in US dollars, so I skipped it).
Old 12-01-2015, 06:01 PM   #376
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I think they delayed 3PO due to wanting to get his plating right. I think they are planning to do him in vac-metal chrome finish. Hopefully they can find a way to do that properly, I hate when they just paint him.
Vac metal? Don't hold your breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Actually I recall that someone did! It was mentioned on the rebelscum forums many months ago I believe and the person was selling them on ebay for a "reasonable" price (can't remember what that price was though... the shipping made it more expensive and the fact that it was in US dollars, so I skipped it).

Yah I've seen that seller. He offers a unpainted and painted version, problem is he uses the damn ebay global shipping program nonsense so it comes to a stupid price after exchange.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #377
thepepperskull
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by megathong View Post
Pretty pissed I haven't been able to find the $10 Blacks at Walmart in BC. Anyone find them around here yet?
You need to look around the aisles. The $10 ones from the previous waves aren't with the rest of the TFA-branded Star Wars Merchandise.

Walmart Coquitlam still has tons of Emperors and Codys on the shelves with the board games for example.
thepepperskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #378
gcuemjj23
Super Friend

Picked up a couple Stormtroopers (orange stripe) at TRU for $9.98.
Also got Bandai C3PO. Now time to put him together. Will fit in nice with the 6 inch Black Series
gcuemjj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #379
megathong
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
If you haven't seen them by now, it's a strong likelihood that you've already missed them. Most Walmarts seemed to have prematurely put the $10 blacks out way before Black Friday, I think about 4 or 5 days before. People already snapped them up... and the rest probably went at 6am on Friday (I had one friend who camped out to get his $10 Commander Cody right at 6am and there wasn't anything else left after 10min!)
I can live with being beat on Black Friday, but I read a few reports they were put out before then which is the main reason I'm not pleased because it was in the main BF flyer plus there was a post of them showing up again after as well. Thanks for the input!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #380
megathong
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepepperskull View Post
You need to look around the aisles. The $10 ones from the previous waves aren't with the rest of the TFA-branded Star Wars Merchandise.

Walmart Coquitlam still has tons of Emperors and Codys on the shelves with the board games for example.
I think I covered all the toy aisles. Coquitlam is a little far for me but good to know they actually made it in store here. Thanks!