ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 12-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #71
Vorahk
Clonetrooper
Re: Mattel DC Comics Multiverse 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
It’s crazy, right? I don’t think I saw any DC Multiverse figures in stores this holiday season. I know they keep coming out cause I see them on my Instagram feed, but I’ve never seen any of the new blue box BAF waves. No Aquaman figures aside from the cheapy ones. Nothing mass produced since Justice League except for those weird Val Kilmer Batman and diecast Injustice figures. I wish I could add some DC figures into my shelves to mingle with the 60+ Marvel Legends figures I got just this year, but there’s never anything new at retail to get.
It’s cause everyone got scared with bat creature and hippy lex Luther that no one wanted to buy kept clogging up their shelves. My walmarts have like 3 rows of those metal injustice 2 bats and supes just sitting there. They are seriously not moving at all, and that’s why I think none of my stores don’t want to order any is cause of that.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #72
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorahk View Post
It’s cause everyone got scared with bat creature and hippy lex Luther that no one wanted to buy kept clogging up their shelves. My walmarts have like 3 rows of those metal injustice 2 bats and supes just sitting there. They are seriously not moving at all, and that’s why I think none of my stores don’t want to order any is cause of that.
Even online retailers seem to be hesitant to carry them. The only Canadian site that has them listed is Northmencollectibles. I figured CMDstore would have at least had them as well, but nothing. Canucktibles the same thing.

But DC figures seem to be a risky product to carry. I remember on Canucktibles a couple of future waves of the DC Essentials were listed for pre-order but now those have even been taken down.

It's really unfortunate. I mainly collect DC figures, DC Universe Classics is my favourite toy line of all time. So it sucks when I have to rely on American sites/stores in order to get the figures I want.
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:01 AM   #73
Napseeker
Dark Knight

It's the same thing with Star Wars at TRU. I was expecting TRU to get in the usual ton of SW 6" figures at XMas, but it's been totally dry.

There's no doubt in my mind it's because they've had sale after sale this entire year and had lots of trouble getting rid of Kylo, Rey, Maz Kanata, Poe, and any other crappy sequel trilogy character (thanks again, JJ Abrams for your shitty sequel ideas and killing off Star Wars).

Both SW and DCM have been huge pegwarmers all year. What retailer wants to get stuck with either of them (unless it's original trilogy 6").
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:40 AM   #74
The Rock
Cobra Trooper

DC figures are my favourite as well...used to be able to get them in local comic stores via Previews catalogues but even they've stopped soliciting DC Multiverse products. Amazon.com is a mixed bag...they sent the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman but cancelled the Aquaman order (ended up getting them from Megalopolis Toys).
The Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #75
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

I gave up on finding DC action figures at Canadian retail in 2008!

I was lucky enough to get 18 out of 20 waves of DCUC from my local comic shop, but for the Multiverse lines I've just been getting them direct from Big Bad Toy Store. Including shipping they've mostly all worked out to like $34 each, shipped to my door, which is juuuust about what I would pay at retail here with tax.

Toys R Us looks to be carrying no Multiverse at all these days (if they didn't get the Aquaman ones, the outlook for the Lobo wave seems grim!) and Walmart is, at best, a crapshoot.

Buy online! Ease your mind!

Last edited by adriantripod; 01-03-2019 at 11:15 PM.
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #76
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Wonder what Mattel is doing and then I walk into TRU today and there's the Aquaman basic 6-inch General Murk in 2 different red colors. The date stamps were 244 for the first release redder one and 279 for the revised darker one. Newer red looks better but the weapons are still old color. LOL
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #77
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Since EB Games has been carrying ML Walgreens exclusives, what are the chances they may get the Walgreens Multiverse Bizarro figure too?
Anyone with some inside information by chance?
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #78
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Since EB Games has been carrying ML Walgreens exclusives, what are the chances they may get the Walgreens Multiverse Bizarro figure too?
Anyone with some inside information by chance?
Unknown, but probably have to keep an eye on the website.

Better get what you can now since it was just announced that McFarlane Toys is taking over the DC license for 6" & 12" figures.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #79
erik352
Cylon Centurion

I doubt it. There was a Dark Knight Flash figure that came out in Walgreens, that never made it here.
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #80
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Amazon.ca has the Aquaman Multiverse figures (except for Black Manta) in stock on their website for about $32:

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=dc+multive...b_sb_ss_i_3_16
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote