ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-18-2021, 09:50 PM   #1221
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Culla View Post
TRU in store today had the Cobra Island wave with Major Bludd priced for $36.99 when days ago they had been $33.99. There were at least 10 each of Bludd and Firefly which is very interesting they will still sitting there. Maybe limits for people are being reached with these price hikes (gouging).

Yuk! They have to reign in these price increases. If it's the new ownership dictating this then I am taking my business to GameStop outside of exclusives.

I guess TRU is going to have to rely on exclusives a lot more to draw in business if this is the way they are going. Why bother with them for any regular release going forward if you can get them cheaper at other locations?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 10:34 PM   #1222
Zanth
Super Friend

Obscene. For those familiar with SH Figuarts or Mafex, comparing the general quality of those releases to Hasbro's typical 6" releases, it is night and day. At 36.99, we are closing the gap to MSRP. I would rather move my collecting entirely to a Japanese premium line and suck up the import costs rather than support the insane markups.

This pricing is not just TRU. The recent Bad Batch Clone Captain Rex release was 37 at Walmart, maybe 37.99, in that ballpark.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:04 AM   #1223
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Out of curiosity has anyone received movie Scarlett from GameStop? The site still lists her release as a few days ago (the 15th), but I haven?t had my preorder show up yet. It?s an in store preorder so I know the warehouse-to-store shipping mucks with the date it actually arrives, but I find that just about all of my preorders show up the day after release. Two days max. Wondering if anyone got theirs yet or if they just stopped bothering on constantly pushing the date back.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:48 AM   #1224
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanth View Post
Obscene. For those familiar with SH Figuarts or Mafex, comparing the general quality of those releases to Hasbro's typical 6" releases, it is night and day. At 36.99, we are closing the gap to MSRP.
Even at $40, Classified figures still compare favorably to imports.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:55 AM   #1225
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Out of curiosity has anyone received movie Scarlett from GameStop?
No sign of my ages ago PO for Scarlett and Akiko. I saw them at a comic store here weeks ago and while Akiko looked flawless, Scarlett's face had some QC issues. All versions of her that they had there looked like sunburn or wrong makeup application (if that makes sense).

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 12-19-2021 at 12:59 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:00 AM   #1226
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Out of curiosity has anyone received movie Scarlett from GameStop? The site still lists her release as a few days ago (the 15th), but I haven?t had my preorder show up yet. It?s an in store preorder so I know the warehouse-to-store shipping mucks with the date it actually arrives, but I find that just about all of my preorders show up the day after release. Two days max. Wondering if anyone got theirs yet or if they just stopped bothering on constantly pushing the date back.
I ordered it online months ago and still no sign of it. There's oddly no option to cancel it when I checked my order tonight. I don't know if that means it's shipping soon or what.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:10 PM   #1227
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Thanks guys. Guess it is a waiting game for now. Still not sure why I ordered her. Pretty happy with my first release version, but this one is a good looking figure. Was contemplating customizing one of the Scarletts into a Star Wars Mandalorian figure or such, but if she doesnt show by New Years I think I might just cancel her. The weird waiting and wonky distribution recently is a bit of a downer. When it’s pretty well balanced and you can tell that its COVID or shipping disruptions thats backlogging things thats fine. Then everyone is waiting. But this recent rash of some stores getting stock weeks or even months before others is vexing.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:16 PM   #1228
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanth View Post
Obscene. For those familiar with SH Figuarts or Mafex, comparing the general quality of those releases to Hasbro's typical 6" releases, it is night and day. At 36.99, we are closing the gap to MSRP. I would rather move my collecting entirely to a Japanese premium line and suck up the import costs rather than support the insane markups.

This pricing is not just TRU. The recent Bad Batch Clone Captain Rex release was 37 at Walmart, maybe 37.99, in that ballpark.
We're already into import territory when it comes to Hasbro 6 inch figures. The new Dragon Ball Super S.H. Figuarts retail for $35-$40 which is what your basic Hasbro 6 inch costs now days. I'm mainly only collecting Japanese premium now days. If I'm going to pay alot for figures I might as well get my moneys worth. Not only that but they have better resale value overall. Where as your average Hasbro 6 inch isn't really worth much at all except for the really in demand stuff.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:22 PM   #1229
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Do the Japanese companies even make GI Joe figures?

I get the debate over price and value, but if only one company (Hasbro) is making 6 inch Joes, and you want 6 inch Joes, not Dragon Ball figures, the argument is kind of pointless, no?

And as for being a vehicle for investment, there are probably better markets than toy collecting. Certainly ones that don't take up so much space…
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:38 PM   #1230
seancuthbertca
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Do the Japanese companies even make GI Joe figures?

I get the debate over price and value, but if only one company (Hasbro) is making 6 inch Joes, and you want 6 inch Joes, not Dragon Ball figures, the argument is kind of pointless, no?

And as for being a vehicle for investment, there are probably better markets than toy collecting. Certainly ones that don't take up so much space?
Unfortunately, unless you're in the scalping scene, you really don't make money back on modern toys. Unless you lucked out on the timing.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote