ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Prometheus(Alien Prequel)

Holy crap, I woke up this morning STILL thinking about Prometheus and the questions and concepts it explored. I'm going to have to see this movie again.

Also, I know I've said this before, but I NEED an in scale Space Jockey Revoltech to go with my Revoltech Aliens now more than ever!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:28 AM   #22
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: Prometheus(Alien Prequel)

Saw it again tonight. Just needed to see it one more time on big screen, heh, it should hold me till the Blu-ray (supposedly there's going to be ~20min added). I still feel the same way about it though, didn't find it mind blowing, but still enjoyed it. I must admit it still has me asking questions, pondering the possibilities, and looking up analyses.

SPOILERS:

The alien mural/shrine in the "tomb" behind the head is interesting. Did they create the alien race? Or discovered them and created the black ooze of death through extraction? Is that green jar thing its DNA?

This mural is also interesting, it was on the ceiling of the tomb when they first entered. Maybe a first generation alien? Maybe the aliens were a wild beast that the Engineers tamed? Or regarded as pets?

What killed all the engineers at that facility? An outbreak of their black ooze weapon? The pile of bodies Milburn and Fifield find, they mentioned how one of them had a bursted open chest, outbreak of the alien?

Why did Milburn keep trying to touch/friend the worm? Fifield was the only one with the right idea of staying away.

Vickers' death was terrible, I thought she didn't deserved to die since she really wasn't the villain. Though since she did, it should have been more memorable, maybe at the hands of the squid or engineer while in the life boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
2) I thought it would come around full circle but I was wrong. In Alien, you see the space jockey sitting there with his chest already burst. I thought somehow the Jockey would get back and try to fly away in another ship, but then it bursts out of his chest and the ship crashes. Totally didn't happen. So... how did the other space jockey get there in Alien with his chest open? Maybe that chick made it to their home planet and those bio weapons were unleashed there, and a jockey was trying to escape, the alien burst out, ship crashed, then later the crew in the first Alien showed up? Maybe that jockey was from a separate station where they were creating those bio weapons and shit went wrong. I dunno.
I wondered the same thing first time I saw it. Supposedly the planet they're on in Prometheus (LV-223) is different from Alien (LV-426). Hence why the way it ended didn't lead directly to Alien. Another thing to consider is that the Jockey/Engineer in Alien was/looked fossilized, while the ones in Prometheus aren't (they looked well preserved, could be the atmosphere) and were determined to be about 2000 old. So maybe the one in Alien crash landed way before the events of Prometheus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Also, I know I've said this before, but I NEED an in scale Space Jockey Revoltech to go with my Revoltech Aliens now more than ever!
NECA is making em! He should scale well with their Alien and Predator figures. I want both versions!

http://necaonline.com/34497/blog/pre...us-has-landed/

Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote