ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
DC Animated Series discussion

Okay, so it was just yesterday that fans got the chance to add Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths to their DC library and now we have our first look at the next DC Animated movie, Batman: Under the Red Hood, which takes elements from two of the most psycological and dark of Batman stories. I've got to say, we've seen write-ups and pictures of what to expect from what is to be, no doubt, a very dark Batman story, and I think this film will do nothing for DC and Batman fans but have them up and cheering!

And here we have our first sneak peek at the overall film and the work that went into it...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15198

Scoll down and enjoy this two-parter taken from the Crisis DVD! I am telling you, this movie is going to rock hard!!!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook

Last edited by Robimus; 09-22-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
FlightWeaponAlpha
Cobra Trooper
Send a message via Skype™ to FlightWeaponAlpha
Re: Batman: Under the Red Hood

Hmmmm..... picked up my blu-Ray today and will likely watch over the weekend.

But from what I can tell, the Batman: Under the Red Hood film needs more Captain America!

Sorry dude, I really can't control myself at times.
FlightWeaponAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

LOL, to each his own they say.

I am looking forward to picking this DVD up too.

It's a real shame they didn't use voice talents from the DCAU like Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Loren Lester for Under the Red Hood, but the cast and voices they chose for this film don't seem all that bad. And I am sure Andrea Romano knows what she is doing when it comes to casting voice talent.

Facebook
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

I am really iffy about the dude doing Red Hood's voice, but I am happy with the other choices.

I am really looking forward to this. I'm glad they're using part of Death in the Family. That was the first graphic novel I ever got, and it got me hooked on comics.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Death in the Family is an incredable story and one of my personal favorites. Really took Batman back to his tortured soul roots. I must admit, I found Todd to be a punk and his end was very fitting, allbeit a little graphic. It was one of the first Batman stories I can ever remember reading as a kid and this coupled with BTAS has kept me a huge fan of Bats for years! Regardless of Joel Schumaccer, Batman Returns, Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Because there is still Michael Keaton, Jack Nicolson, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Bruce Timm.....

I am pleased with all the voices for Under the Red Hood and now I am thinking we have two new DC characters that must be added to Mattel's DCUC line: Owlman, thanks to Crisis and a Red Hood!

Facebook
Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
pud333
Master of the Universe

I personally would like the whole Villain line-up of Crisis to be added. But yeah, Owlman would rock.

As for Batman, he became one of my favorite characters after I read Death in the Family. Top three superheroes for me of all time, in order: Superman, Batman, Spiderman. I was so distraught after the series of Batman films that basically ruined him. But then there was Christopher Nolan, my savior, who resurrected him. Very excited to see the third movie of his.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Same here! Batman's past has been so peppered by bad takes thanks to the campy-60's TV show and the like, but thank God for people like Nolan and Bruce Timm for giving the Dark Knight his due. Things sound like they're moving along with the 3rd Batman movie these days and, if the rumors prove true, I do hope Nolan and Goyer can do Superman justice the way they did the Caped Crusader.

Facebook
Old 02-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

I am actually in the process of trying to get my hands on a copy of Death in the Family!

Facebook
Old 02-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
pud333
Master of the Universe

Nolan and Superman? How did I miss this news? Anyway, if it is true, that'll be cool, but Nolan is a master at the psychological stuff. He was perfect for Batman. For Superman, it's a whole different animal. We'll see if it works out. I am desperate for a Superman movie that just blows everything out of the water. I don't want him fighting Lex again, that's for sure. I heard of Mark Millar pitching his idea for a Superman trilogy that would be awesome:

He said: "I want to start on Krypton, a thousand years ago, and end with Superman alone on Planet Earth, the last being left on the planet, as the yellow sun turns red and starts to supernova, and he loses his powers."

Superman of all characters needs and deserves the Epic treatment considering the badies he faces like Brainiac and Darkseid.

As for Death in the Family, I lost my copy years ago

Last edited by pud333; 02-27-2010 at 03:12 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

I am planning on grabbing both Death in the Family and the two-parter Under the Hood graphic novels before the release of this DVD. It's been forever since I read about Todd's death and I never actually got around to reading the Under the Hood stories.

Facebook