ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #21
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: The Walking Dead TV Series Discussion(Spoilers)

There seems to be a lot of hate for Carl after this episode, but face facts, we were all annoying buggers as kids, no reason why Carl should be any different than we were. I think we forget as adults that simple truth (and anyone who thinks they were a saintly little kid loved by all around them is probaby in mega-denial )

I loved this episode. This season has just been great in terms of the writing, even better than the comic book. I was so sure they were going to mimic the comic and have Carl pull a surprise ending by shooting Randall but they went the better, certainly less predictable route.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
Robimus
Super Moderator

Carl has his reasons for being screwed up of course, but there is a difference between being a troublesome kid and being a cruel kid with a god complex.

At least he didn't shoot the prisoner himself.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Rick is still solid enough on the moral front I think, maybe by luck, but I really don't think he could have pulled the trigger in any case.

Was anyone else rooting for the zombie to get Carl. Man, that kid took an annoying turn. Like he was going through the terrible twos in Zombieland.
Yeah Carl sort of surprises me with his little shit behaviour. I mean, the kid gets shot, nearly dies, but has no problems picking up a gun and acting all tough. I was praying for the zombie to get him. The whole time I kept thinking, "You dumb kid. The whole point of a gun is to kill from a distance!" Just for that I felt he should get nibbled on by the zombie, lol.

This has been a good season though. I thought the first season was very uninspired and bland, but this season they've managed to ramp up the drama, which is cool. It's funny how Hershel is now all, "Whatever man. Talk to Rick."
Old 03-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
vujonny
Awesomeness Lantern Corps

^ I agree with you.

Wants: DCUC - Dr.Fate, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Supermans, Batmans, Mr. Terrific, Peguin, Firestorm, Harley Quin, Eradicator, Ares, Black Adam, Steel, Doomsday, Robin, Jonah Hex,
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
Robimus
Super Moderator

Carl finding that zombie in the woods couldn't help but make me think about somebody throwing rocks at a trapped or wounded animal for fun. It really made me angry.

Kid needs some respect. The zombie isn't evil, its a victim that needs to be put out of its misery.

I agree as well with the Season 1 vs Season 2 thoughts. This season is so much better than the first due to the amped up drama. I do wish they would wrap up those dropped season 1 plot points though.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I can't believe I'm going to continue defending Carl (I'm usually the one rooting for the kid to get eaten/killed), but Carl is at this point pretty screwed up, the Talking Dead panel pretty much said that after all that he's witnessed, he's well on his way to becoming a sociopath (rooting for his dad to kill Randall, etc).

Wanting to play with the gun isn't him being all tough and all, he got shot by one... I don't have any doubt that there's a fascination with the gun given he knows its power firsthand, both being shot and also knowing that it has the power to kill these monsters with a single blast. I attribute it to one thing: he wants to know how to use it, because he knows he'll need it to survive in the future.

Also, the reason why he's standing so close to use the gun is very obvious: he can barely hold the thing and aim it accurately. He was standing close because he wanted to be sure he was going to shoot and kill the zombie on his first shot. Problem was he just tardied way too long and the zombie managed to get a foot loose and chased him off.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #27
Robimus
Super Moderator

He's decided that he wants to be Shane.

The way the world has changed is certainly not Carl's fault and I do sympathize with his situation.

Unfortunatly he made Shane look like a really nice guy in this episode. At least Shane does crappy things for logical reasons.

If it was just the Zombie scene it wouldn't have been quite as dramatic for me, but there was so much more.

Now he has inadvertantly caused the death of a member of the group by leading that zombie back to the camp. It's just a little too late for me to forgive him because he's a kid.

Maybe he can make ammends, get on the right track. I'm sure that will be the idea in the series. I think I might be tainted against him now. We'll see if he gets redeemed in my eyes.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #28
pud333
Master of the Universe

It's certainly possible Carl has begun to break down psychologically, since a grown man would have a hard time keeping their shit together in such intense situations.

But I'm still rooting for him to get eaten. I got my wish with Dale's annoying butt getting it, so hopefully the Walking Dead gods will see it fit to grant me my second wish. haha

Last edited by pud333; 03-06-2012 at 12:47 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #29
Robimus
Super Moderator

Wow, that was amazing/shocking.

And why in the heck is Carl still creeping around everywhere? I thought he would have learned his lesson by now.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #30
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Wow, that was amazing/shocking.

And why in the heck is Carl still creeping around everywhere? I thought he would have learned his lesson by now.
My exact same thoughts! Huh, they didn't seem all that far from the farm, wonder why Shane chose that spot.

Man, they actually killed Shane, although I figured it would happen eventually (Dale though from last was a big surprise). And revealing that after death, they transcend into a zombie. I wonder if that was what Dr. Jenner whispered into Rick's ear at the end of season 1.

Just one more episode, excited and dreading it, as it means it's gonna be another long wait till season 3. Hopefully they don't make it into a huge cliffhanger.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote