ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
lars573
Clone trooper
Re: Clone Wars Animated Thread.

I've got more trooper than you I think.

6x single card clones (crew for my AT-TE)
2x 212th battle packs
2x single card 212th troopers (all the 212th ride in my AT-TE)
4x mail away Captain Rex
Oddball (drives my AT-TE)
Cody (also rides in the AT-TE)
Obi-Wan (he came with the battle pack, no accesories beyond a saber though)
C3P0
R2-D2

No clone wars battle droids yet. I do want the Super battle droid sargent and the green tank driver. Some commando droids too (the battle pack plus some single card ones). And now I'm starting to think I need to ditch some stuff. Like with Waxer and Boil coming I may have to sell/give away a 212th trooper. The back of the AT-TE holds 12 troopers. Right now there is 11 back there. And I'm probably going to end up with an extra Cody and Rex cause I want those "rookies" two packs.

I'm also considering getting a "Clone Commander force" going. You know Fox, Gree, Ponds, Bly when he comes out.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
No clone wars battle droids yet. I do want the Super battle droid sargent and the green tank driver. Some commando droids too (the battle pack plus some single card ones). And now I'm starting to think I need to ditch some stuff. Like with Waxer and Boil coming I may have to sell/give away a 212th trooper. The back of the AT-TE holds 12 troopers. Right now there is 11 back there. And I'm probably going to end up with an extra Cody and Rex cause I want those "rookies" two packs.
That's a sweet list. I want Oddball too. Why do you have four mail away Rex figures?

Yeah, once I have enough clone troopers, I'm gonna have to build up a droid army. I also want the rookie packs, but I don't need yet another Cody (have two) and Rex (though I kinda want a clean Rex just so he matches all the other clones). I will say it's kind of neat having the different colored troopers and their respective commanders. Even with Joes I never did army building, but this is the one time I will gladly accept repaints.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
lars573
Clone trooper

Mail-away Rex has a clean deco, and different accesories (a DC-15 carbine instead of the long version with the launcher attachement). And it MIGHT be a slightly different shade of blue. I don't have a retail one yet. And I have 4 because that is a team of ARC troopers. If the operate in groups it's in a team of 4. Clone commando's too.

Now I'm thinking about re-crewing my AT-TE with two of those AT-TE squad battle packs. I don't know why you didn't just wait on the articulated Dooku and Obi-Wan. They're the pilot figures in the deluxe Dooku+his speeder and Obi-Wan+Freecobike
Old 08-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Mail-away Rex has a clean deco, and different accesories (a DC-15 carbine instead of the long version with the launcher attachement). And it MIGHT be a slightly different shade of blue. I don't have a retail one yet. And I have 4 because that is a team of ARC troopers. If the operate in groups it's in a team of 4. Clone commando's too.

Now I'm thinking about re-crewing my AT-TE with two of those AT-TE squad battle packs. I don't know why you didn't just wait on the articulated Dooku and Obi-Wan. They're the pilot figures in the deluxe Dooku+his speeder and Obi-Wan+Freecobike
Cool, I didn't realize he had different accessories. As for Obi-Wan and Dooku, yeah, I should have waited, but starting out I didn't know much and I just ordered the first day release from Goldenage Toys and threw in Dooku and others to get my order above $100 so I could get free shipping.

No biggie though. I got Dooku and Obi-Wan on ebay for a decent price. (I don't feel like buying the whole package with the vehicles). I want to get the new Anakin with knees, so I guess I'll get the Space Suit Anakin, but I think that's a slightly different color scheme.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #15
FlightWeaponAlpha
Cobra Trooper
Send a message via Skype™ to FlightWeaponAlpha

Have the new super-articulated figures been seen at retail in Canada?
I'm still looking for some of the other figures from the later waves, with Cad Bane and such, though I know they are out in some stores already.

Cheers.
FlightWeaponAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #16
lars573
Clone trooper

Which new super articulated ones?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #17
pud333
Master of the Universe

Got some loose figures from Ebay. First up, Captain Argyus. This guy is all sorts of awesome. The paint application is great and the head sculpt is one of the best IMO. The helmet is a really soft plastic. His character was so arrogant on the show. One of the best in the CW line!

Next, Cad Bane. Where Argyus was all sorts of awesome, Cad Bane is all sorts of let-down. No ankle, knee or wrist articulation. The arms are super skinny, and the tubes on his arms seem really fragile, like they're gonna snap at any moment. (This is one of the few times when I wish it weren't so cartoon accurate.) The sculpt is nice, as are his accessories. As a model, he's great, but as a toy, not so much.

Fully Articulated Obi-Wan. Finally! Still uses T-crotch, but whatever. So cool. Everything is the same from the previous release, except with a cloth skirt, better articulation, darker light saber, no battle damage and slightly different hair (I swapped heads with my single carded Obi-Wan cause the one I got was marked up.)

Count Dooku. Full Articulation. Best of all, there is no T-crotch and instead there are ball-hinged legs! Really awesome figure. (though now I'm annoyed why they didn't do this for the Jedi, but whatever.)

Cloth cape is cool, but sort of gets in the way, so I swapped it with the single carded cape. Not sure which I like better.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

What do those articulated Dooku/Obi-wan come with? They're not single-cards, or are they?

Picked up Gree and ARF Trooper. Both are really cool. I really wanted the Mace/Waxer/Boil/Cody set, but $40 is robbery. I could buy four figures seperately for about $40.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #19
lars573
Clone trooper

They Dooku and Obi-Wan are the pilot figures from a deluxe pack (Dooku+ his speeder and Obi-Wan+speeder). Wave 3/4 I think.

Now on the Ryloth pack. I'd have left it lie too if it wasn't for the fact that is the only way your going to get Waxer and Boil.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #20
JTCh
Toku

Just wondering, which figures do NOT have the T-crotches?
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars clone wars