ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #1
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive
How to use stocktrack.ca?

I’ve had some success using stocktrack.ca when trying to locate an item at Walmart, but absolutely no luck at Toys R Us or EB Games.
At least when looking up an item at Walmart you can use the UPC on stocktrack, but when trying to locate something at TRU you can only do a search or product ID.
So what’s the difference? How/where are people getting the product ID for items to search at TRU?
For instance, I’d like to see which TRUs have GI Joe Classified in stock, but I can’t seem to figure out how to use stocktrack for items at TRU.
Any chance someone here could help me out please and smarten me up?
I’m also have trouble finding the SKU for GI Joe Classified to search EB Games locations.
I could really use a helping hand with that too please.

I can’t be alone on this. There’s got to be others who could also benefit from some help with getting more information out of stocktrack.ca.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
m.arndt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: How to use stocktrack.ca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
I’ve had some success using stocktrack.ca when trying to locate an item at Walmart, but absolutely no luck at Toys R Us or EB Games.
At least when looking up an item at Walmart you can use the UPC on stocktrack, but when trying to locate something at TRU you can only do a search or product ID.
So what’s the difference? How/where are people getting the product ID for items to search at TRU?
For instance, I’d like to see which TRUs have GI Joe Classified in stock, but I can’t seem to figure out how to use stocktrack for items at TRU.
Any chance someone here could help me out please and smarten me up?
I’m also have trouble finding the SKU for GI Joe Classified to search EB Games locations.
I could really use a helping hand with that too please.

I can’t be alone on this. There’s got to be others who could also benefit from some help with getting more information out of stocktrack.ca.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
If you haven't already tried you can find the guy who owns stocktrack.ca on redflagdeals and speak directly to him. He's pretty nice and can help you out if that's an option.

And while on the subject, if you can for anyone who uses the stocktrack site, toss the guy some $ for his terrific site. He's done alot of people an invaluable service and personally has saved me I don't know how much money in the process. Not to mention has brought business to these stores lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
wedge1021
Mutant

I always thought TRU Product ID was their SKU number. I've used the SKU before and it's worked - unless he changed the site at some point? TRU SKU for GI Joe is supposedly 477885, but that doesn't seem to work.

Usually you can find the EB Games SKU by looking up the item on their website:
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/782960
SKU is 753289 there, but again, that doesn't seem to work on stocktrack (at the moment?)

So now I'm as confused as you are!

Another note: for many things at Walmart (figures in particular), individual item UPC's are all tied in to a single SKU. So searching for a specific figure by UPC (say, Destro) will show you stock for ALL of the Classified figures at the store - it could just be all Roadblocks, but you won't know until you go to the location. At least, that's been my experience with Legends and Black Series.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:30 AM   #4
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

I just tried using stocktrack this morning and there are new images beside the items in stock number. One that looks like a warehouse door and on that look like a briefcase, but I’m not seeing anything that explains whet these little icons are supposed to represent.
I’m guessing the warehouse door is stock about to go on store shelves.
I’m also guessing the little briefcase type icon means what was originally on order at that particular store, but I’m curious if anyone actually knows for sure what they mean
Old 09-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #5
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

From the legend himself...

*If you mouse over stock number you should see a popup with on order/in transit/warehouse information if it's available (not working on mobile browsers). Edit: I updated visibility of this information, should be easily seen with icons and badges
*Walmart sets status to OutOfStock when stock count drops to 3 or less. It doesn't mean it's actually out of stock, but it could.
*Stock data is not real-time, can be behind up to 1.5 hours.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:35 AM   #6
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Thanks sixshot, I see my problem now. I’ve never tried stocktrack on my laptop. I’m almost exclusively only using my phone now.

Time to dust off the old laptop....
Old 09-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #7
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Thanks sixshot, I see my problem now. I’ve never tried stocktrack on my laptop. I’m almost exclusively only using my phone now.

Time to dust off the old laptop....
No worries !