ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-04-2022, 05:24 PM   #4871
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Pretty sure he's trolling at this point. Let's all just ignore him so I can stop getting endless email notifications about this useless argument.
Agreed. He should be ignored !

No arguing here...just having a discussion.

Oh and one more notification for you. Enjoy !
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:25 PM   #4872
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
Why are you so vehemently defending toys r us? Do you work there or own stocks in the company or something?
I've very clearly laid out my reasons. Feel free to go back and read them...or don't.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:49 PM   #4873
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
I guess that would explain why the Gamerverse Miles Morales Spider-Man is so hard to find from the Armadillo wave?
Yeah, that wave seems under produced in comparison to demand (which should not have been difficult to anticipate).
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:16 PM   #4874
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Yeah, that wave seems under produced in comparison to demand (which should not have been difficult to anticipate).
Yea I never even saw that figure anywhere ever. Tut one and shriek were all I wanted from the wave.

Wally will prob have more at some point. They always seem to online when each store gets like 1 case.

Guy at Newmarket TRU said they only got a single case of them too.

Went overboard on eternals which who even cares about those?

I fell asleep watching that movie.

The Ikaris figure is very well made tho. Them gem out of that wave imo.

The others hardly even look like the actors.

Other than the Asian fat Elvis guy.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:15 PM   #4875
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
I don't think it's necessarily about underproduction. I've noticed lately that Canadian stores get way less distribution than Americans. For instance, I've seen the Ursa Major wave fly off shelves back in August and they were completely gone by late September with your only hope being Amazon. In comparison, Americans can still find some Ursa Major wave figures (I occasionally see purchases), and some even on clearance.

Not to mention, there's always the chance that people are snatching up figures just to re-sell.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:40 PM   #4876
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
I don't think it's necessarily about underproduction. I've noticed lately that Canadian stores get way less distribution than Americans. For instance, I've seen the Ursa Major wave fly off shelves back in August and they were completely gone by late September with your only hope being Amazon. In comparison, Americans can still find some Ursa Major wave figures (I occasionally see purchases), and some even on clearance.

Not to mention, there's always the chance that people are snatching up figures just to re-sell.
What sucks is you get waves that are quite plentiful, resulting in that X-Men wave to now be on clearance on the walmart.ca website. The Age of Apocalypse wave was also plentiful at toysrus, and the eternals toys were not hard to get either. And then you get the armadillo wave that so far, hasn't met demand.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 02-04-2022 at 09:43 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:42 PM   #4877
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post

We've had poor distribution in Canada for a minute. It's nothing new really. Though it got much worse with Covid. I walk into my local Walmarts, GameStop, TRU and they barely have anything. They noticeably have way less on shelves too when compared to before covid.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 02:32 AM   #4878
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
What sucks is you get waves that are quite plentiful, resulting in that X-Men wave to now be on clearance on the walmart.ca website. The Age of Apocalypse wave was also plentiful at toysrus, and the eternals toys were not hard to get either. And then you get the armadillo wave that so far, hasn't met demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
We've had poor distribution in Canada for a minute. It's nothing new really. Though it got much worse with Covid. I walk into my local Walmarts, GameStop, TRU and they barely have anything. They noticeably have way less on shelves too when compared to before covid.
What I noticed here in Edmonton is that some of the Walmarts stopped stocking Marvel Legends altogether. They have other Marvel toys, just little to no Legends.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 02-05-2022 at 06:09 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:31 AM   #4879
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
What I noticed here in Edmonton is that some of the Walmarts stopped stocking Marvel Legends altogether. The have other Marvel toys, just little to no Legends.

My closest Walmart is the same. I haven't seen a ML figure on the shelves since well before Christmas. The next few closest have all had at least some MLs, even if it is the dregs of older waves. The last I saw at other Walmarts was the remains of the AOA wave and Compound Hulk.

My local Walmart hasn't had ML since before then. I know things are crazy, and not all stores get the same stock, but nothing for more than a quarter?

INCONCEIVABLE!!!!
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 03:16 PM   #4880
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
My closest Walmart is the same. I haven't seen a ML figure on the shelves since well before Christmas. The next few closest have all had at least some MLs, even if it is the dregs of older waves. The last I saw at other Walmarts was the remains of the AOA wave and Compound Hulk.

My local Walmart hasn't had ML since before then. I know things are crazy, and not all stores get the same stock, but nothing for more than a quarter?

INCONCEIVABLE!!!!
My two Closest Walmarts both stopped stocking Legends probably 3 years ago, they just don't get them at all. It's real!
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote