ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Snoudzy
Super Friend
Halo Reach Figures

Hi All,

Anyone out in plastic crack land picked up the Halo Reach figures? I am on the fence with these leaning towards starting to pick them up as some of my other lines have stalled for now. I have picked them up and put them down in WM a few times. I recently finished the game it self and really enjoyed the variety of armors. I guess these would be another vein for my love of anything armored as I have tons of clones, Iron Man and the like.

Thanks,

- Snoudzy
Snoudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Halo Reach Figures

I haven't picked them up, but they do look good.

They are making a warthog that will fit these figures, that might give you the push you need lol

CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

I picked them up, really like the armored troops. My only suggestion, keep an eye out if you want emile, the skull paint is a huge issue. If do you start picking them up, I suggest the red/blue 2-pack to start.
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
Snoudzy
Super Friend

Thanks for the feedback. The next time I am in Toon I might make up my mind. My local WM does not seem to carry them yet. I've also been eyeing the Mega Blocks armors and might pick up the three armor suitcase to start off.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
JSon
Dark Lord of the Sith

I grabbed Jorge and Emile this weekend and I absolutely love them. I was really looking forward to them but when I saw them in store I was a little turned off and almost didn't pick them up. What I found is that they just don't look good in the packaging. Once you have them opened and out they look MUCH better as you can really see all the details on them clearly. Haven't put them down all weekend, I highly recommend.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSon View Post
I grabbed Jorge and Emile this weekend and I absolutely love them. I was really looking forward to them but when I saw them in store I was a little turned off and almost didn't pick them up. What I found is that they just don't look good in the packaging. Once you have them opened and out they look MUCH better as you can really see all the details on them clearly. Haven't put them down all weekend, I highly recommend.
Just think how they'd look in a warthog. Looking forward to that
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

I got most of them except for the Elite minor, Toyrus exclusive figure and the Marines two packs. But I can say that tehy are better in the the Halo 3 figures and I loved those waves. So, just like JSon, I highly recommend too.
Cpl. Chrissandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
Snoudzy
Super Friend

I pulled the trigger on the Mega Block Halo Spartan armor set so we'll see what I find when I go to town in a few weeks.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
Hantei
Master of the Universe

My brother bought most of the first wave. Personally I didn't find them all that great. The articulation seemed poorer than the Halo 3 figures. Because of the armour's bulk they had trouble holding their weapons in both hands, especially Jorge. Another thing that kind of bugged me was how Emile couldn't sheath his knife.

Personally I'd hold out for the Play Arts Kai Reach figures. They might be pricey but the detail and articulation in that Kotobukiya line is impressive, and the Reach stuff doesn't look like it'll disappoint either.

http://actionfigurepics.com/2010/09/...-for-pre-order
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

I picked up Jorge and the Elite two days ago. Begrudgingly passed on the Grunt because of the price tag and Emile because of the fucked up facepaint. Both the ones I have are fantastic. The Elite se just oozing awesome and Jorge is really cool. The only thing about him is that his elbows are not very articulated, but as long as he has enough to hold the turret properly (which he does) that's cool.