ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
ARROW
POC Wave 3 Snake Eyes-First impressions

Yep, he's out NOW, and have read confirmed sighting across Canada-along with the rest of Wave 3.
Found at a major retailer ( in my case in a prairie province) and seen at a LCS, so they are definitely kicking around. Price point seen is $7.92-$9.99

So you might be thinking.....yet another Snake Eyes, eh? There's almost 60 of them, I've read-enough that some folks feel worn out on him.

I like to think this one is different, and truth to tell, this one is very different. Sure, he's all black-got that before. Comes with a sword and a Uzi- got that before too.
But this one has that touted wrist articulation ( awesome feature here!) , and little extras like added silencers ( aka suppressors) for his pistol AND Uzi sub-gun.
And.....texturally speaking, this figure has more sculpted detail than any Snake Eyes figure........heck, more than 99% of the GIJOE figures that have come out.
The wooley-pully sweater is loaded with fabric detail, as are the various straps on the harness/web gear over top.
Its become a cliche'--the phrase " a work of art", but really the artistry and workmanship that's gone into this figure is exceptional.

Look, I AM a Snake Eyes mark......I shamelessly admit it.
I'm biased right out of the gate--I love the character just about seven ways to Sunday. Hasbro has taken more steps forward with this character than they have back, and it seems like every time they make a serious depiction of the character they hit a new benchmark.

Well, I tellya, the benchmark is set pretty high now. Tornado Kicks and Ninja Forces notwithstanding here, okay...the serious interpretation of Snake-Eyes always seems to be the "ninja-commando"--and that is this one to a tee.

The other famous cliche' saying is that "this is the last....the only Snake Eyes figure you'll ever need to own".......and in many ways this can be true for a lot of people.
If this is Hasbro's penultimate depiction of the character, then really the only way to top it is possibly by other incarnations or interpretations of the character.
I doubt they can leap much further ahead, but there is room to move laterally in creating new figures that are just as nice.

In terms of sculpt, details, articulation, and accessories................phew......I think this figure has it over ALL the others versions we've seen to date.
If it has any flaws, its one that it shares in the same breath with one of its biggest attributes: a lot of TINY parts. The suppressors, knives and pistols are going to be easy to lose.
If you have the misfortune of a shelf-dive and the figure lands on a smooth floor, well..........the various bits and pieces attached to the figure will easily scatter to the four winds.
The upside of this is that the figure poses so well, that you can find multiple sweet-spots to hit and stay in, that the figure should stay balanced for display.

If you like the character, as I do........this figure will not dissappoint. If you are ambivilant or indifferent to the character, do take the time to look it over and consider it, because again I think it offers alot.
ARROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Inzane
Red Shirt
Re: POC Wave 3 Snake Eyes-First impressions

Nice review.

I'm fairly happy with the figure as well. (the only wave 3 figure I own so far).
Inzane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Okay this review got me intrigued... is there a photo of this Snake Eyes anywhere?
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
ARROW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Okay this review got me intrigued... is there a photo of this Snake Eyes anywhere?
Yes the JBL site has an excellent review of it, with tons of photos.
http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2010...snakeeyes.html
ARROW is offline   Reply With Quote