ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-20-2023, 12:26 AM   #7481
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

I remember seeing Rogue in her original release just sitting there on the pegs for months at The Bay, this was long after she'd been bought up at my TRU. I bet you would've found her there if you'd checked out your nearest Bay store.

Even I was kind of surprised that she didn't vanish until The Bay started doing some big sales just to clear out the handful of Legends figures that weren't selling. I recall seeing that Werewolf Captain America lingering around too at about the same time.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 12:48 AM   #7482
Vchipp
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
When was the last time a Marvel Legend figure was hard to get?
I still haven't seen the new TRU/Target exclusive Black Widow.

Same with the Rogue that was released during the mist of lockdown again. Probably explains why it was pegwarmers over there, cause distribution is garbage, it still is.

Edit2: Also the cel shaded animated Spider-Man went pretty fast on Walmart.ca it went to stores but non of my local Walmart carried it cause once again distribution hates me.

Last edited by Vchipp; 11-20-2023 at 01:11 AM.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 02:06 AM   #7483
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post

Same with the Rogue that was released during the mist of lockdown again. Probably explains why it was pegwarmers over there, cause distribution is garbage, it still is.

Edit2: Also the cel shaded animated Spider-Man went pretty fast on Walmart.ca it went to stores but non of my local Walmart carried it cause once again distribution hates me.
Don't forget about the Retro Lizard that was exclusive to Walmart. I never did find it. Well I did see the pegs for it but they were empty and i never could get an order in for it online.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 02:52 PM   #7484
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I remember seeing Rogue in her original release just sitting there on the pegs for months at The Bay, this was long after she'd been bought up at my TRU. I bet you would've found her there if you'd checked out your nearest Bay store.

Even I was kind of surprised that she didn't vanish until The Bay started doing some big sales just to clear out the handful of Legends figures that weren't selling. I recall seeing that Werewolf Captain America lingering around too at about the same time.
I remember the original Rogue from the Juggernaut BAF wave being not that difficult to find too. I'm glad I was able to get that figure, although it would have been nice to have gotten the retro-carded one with the new head and puffy hair as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
Me neither. I hope it won't be the same situation as the Knightfall Batman from McFarlane Toys' DC Multiverse line. It seems like all of the online scalper bots have bought them up everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Don't forget about the Retro Lizard that was exclusive to Walmart. I never did find it. Well I did see the pegs for it but they were empty and i never could get an order in for it online.
Surprisingly, the retro Lizard was one that I was able to find at Walmart, specifically the location at Agincourt Mall in Scarborough. That store also had the Walmart-exclusive short-haired Black Widow in gray costume when it came out. I've never seen the cell-shaded Spider-Man in person though.

And more recently the Agincourt Mall Walmart still has a few of the exclusive Bucky Captain America figures for anyone that wants them.

Last edited by Eko123; 11-20-2023 at 03:02 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 03:18 PM   #7485
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Wow, if I had known, I would have asked my brother to check in the west end of the GTA!

I couldn't find the Rogue at the Victoria Terrace location in Scarborough or at the TRU that was originally at Eglinton and Yonge (which has since relocated). I couldn't even order it online from TRU at the time...but maybe I was too late?
Yonge and Eglinton is where I found the retro rogue back when she released. I remember the cashier mentioning that lots of people had been calling and coming in that week to find her. I just happened to be in-store, I can't remember if there was many more or if gambit was there. I already had him from the previous release and didn't want to double up.

Sad to hear it's moved, whereabouts did it relocate?
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 05:03 PM   #7486
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Yonge and Eglinton is where I found the retro rogue back when she released. I remember the cashier mentioning that lots of people had been calling and coming in that week to find her. I just happened to be in-store, I can't remember if there was many more or if gambit was there. I already had him from the previous release and didn't want to double up.

Sad to hear it's moved, whereabouts did it relocate?
You definitely went in at the right time to that TRU location.

Yonge & Eglinton is where I tried to look for the retro Rogue. I only found the retro Gambit there whenever I went. Like you, I already had the previous Gambit, so I didn't get that one either.

The Yonge & Eglinton store relocated to the Lawrence Allen Centre. which is a bit further west in North York.

https://www.toronto.com/news/busines...5778691d.html?

Last edited by Eko123; 11-20-2023 at 05:05 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:31 PM   #7487
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Green Goblin SHIPPED!!!

From GameStop.ca
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 07:18 PM   #7488
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Green Goblin SHIPPED!!!

From GameStop.ca
Picked up mine in store today.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 07:30 PM   #7489
sweatyspidey
Super Friend

I wonder if we'll see the retro carded first appearance Spidey and Moon Knight show up at Toys r Us in time for Christmas
sweatyspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 07:41 PM   #7490
4lott
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyspidey View Post
I wonder if we'll see the retro carded first appearance Spidey and Moon Knight show up at Toys r Us in time for Christmas
Yes, yes we will. I plan on calling in to a radio show Santa and making them my Christmas wish not only for me but for all my fellow Canadian collectors.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote