ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #2551
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Since I was bored, sales receipt for the second ML wave

you can also pull up webpages for the SDCC 2011 Return of Marvel Legends Thor Figure MSRP $24.99 USD which is more because it included a poster.

It's safe to say on a pro-rated basis that Marvel Legends figures are $20 USD for over a decade before tax and shipping.

and because Im buying in cases the price is less indicative of SINGLE figure mark ups by retailers.

Last edited by ironmanhulkbuster; 07-26-2020 at 12:15 PM.
ironmanhulkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #2552
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

Also the press release for the SDCC Exclusives starting with the RETURN of Marvel Legends figures

The TOYBIZ ML sold for $150 per case after shipping (usually the entire wave was in a case).
Old 07-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #2553
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Selling a MIB Endgame Iron Patriot if anyone is interetest
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #2554
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanhulkbuster View Post
Well since I order my cases from BBTS the prices have remained consistently $20 USD per figure before shipping

Cool story bro but HASBRO didn’t increase the prices

Maybe Canadian retailers did over time
Yeah, for the first couple years there, it looks like we were actually paying a bit less than the US, after the exchange rate.
The dollar was a lot closer to par back then too though. It took a little while but go to be pretty much same as the US per figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
That was great. I remember passing on the first GOTG wave cause they just bumped the price up to $25 and could not get over the cost for 1 figure.
Reading back through the old threads, it's funny to read about the prices we were complaining about back then. It's also crazy to see how many figures we've gotten over the years!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #2555
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

I’m pretty sure the all father wave and maybe the ultimate green goblin wave were $29.99 CDN per figure at Toys R Us

In fact I have the receipts

Another Dimension comics received the Nemesis wave I bought the set for about $20 CDN each per figure

The new packaging was introduced for the Ultimate Green Goblin wave and the Black Cat figure retailed for $29.99 CDN at Toys R Us

I still have an extra one

Last edited by ironmanhulkbuster; 07-26-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:10 PM   #2556
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Well since I order my cases from BBTS the prices have remained consistently $20 USD per figure before shipping

Cool story bro but HASBRO didn’t increase the prices

Maybe Canadian retailers did over time
There is no maybe about it. That's what Canadian retailers did and wedge's summary of it is pretty accurate.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #2557
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

I remember when I got back into Legends, which was when the Ultimate Green goblin wave came out, and I feel almost certain when I was buying them from Walmart at that point I paid 19.99 a figure , and I remember not long after that the price went up to 24.99 and so forth
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #2558
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

If you have sales receipts great. I think mine is more accurate since I've been collecting longer.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:07 PM   #2559
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
I remember when I got back into Legends, which was when the Ultimate Green goblin wave came out, and I feel almost certain when I was buying them from Walmart at that point I paid 19.99 a figure , and I remember not long after that the price went up to 24.99 and so forth
Correct.

They started at $19.99, made it's way up to $24.99, and is now at the current $29.99.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:19 PM   #2560
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
If you have sales receipts great. I think mine is more accurate since I've been collecting longer.
You've only been on this forum since 2018.

Myself and people like wedge have been here since 2013. We remember the Canadian prices. I myself have been collecting longer than that.

You have your own perspective from buying things from American stores and paying in USD.

However, from the Canadian perspective - and particularly from people who've posted prices on this board, a Canadian action figure forum - the prices have seen an increase.

From my own experience: I bought the Ultimate Green Goblin wave from a Canadian Target when it was first released in January - February 2014. I paid $19.99 per figure. I don't have the receipt, but I know that's what I paid. The prices started creeping up not soon after.

Flash forward to 2015 and the price went up to $24.99. Below is from an email confirmation from TRU in June 2015 that I pulled up.

Description: Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Iron Man Figure
Item#: 18981853
Quantity: 1 @ $24.99

From there, it crept up to the current price of $29.99 sometime in 2016. Below is a copypaste from another TRU.ca order from August 2016:

Item: 24307292
Description: Marvel 6 Inch Legends Series Marvels Rogue
Quantity: 1 @ $29.99
Shipping Method: Standard Ground

From your particular perspective of buying waves from US retailers in USD, the price may not have gone up. But for everyone else who bought figures from Canadian stores paying in Canadian dollars, the price most certainly increased.