ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > G.I. Joe Toy News

Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Nerd Rage...

So I finally was able to see some of the new ROC figures at Wal-Mart. One thing that caught my was the "Action Battlers". For those who haven't seen, they are stylized, cartoon versions of some of the characters. They are very basic, but look like smaller versions of the late 8" sigma six series.
If you didn't have an opportunity to check out the sigma 6 figures, you were really missing out, imo. Not only were they articulated much like a Marvel legends figure, they were also very detailed and each had a butt load of accessories. They even dropped the Sigma 6 name and focused on classic characters at the end there.

Unfortunately, as things often do, the line was prematurely canceled with a few figures outstanding. Many fans of the series were extremely disappointed with Hasbro's decision to put the figures on hiatus, but were forced to move on with the 25th anniversary figures.

So now on to the nerd rage...Why didn't Hasbro use this opportunity to release the 8" figures in to the market for the movie line? They would have had plenty of molds already to use and repaint (many of the limbs were interchangeable and would only require the remold of the head) and then they could have released the figures that were limbo at the end of the series. But NOOOOOO, they had to create a whole new stupid size class with essentially the same freaken look. ARG!!!!!
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #2
Stryfe2025
Cobra Trooper
Re: Nerd Rage...

Are you meaning in terms of releasing 3 3/4 inch scale versus 8 inch?
Stryfe2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
jacobot
clone179

Yeah!... They got no problem reissuing cybertron molds in the Movie line.. They are missing an opportunity to make more money on Joe repaints
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2025 View Post
Are you meaning in terms of releasing 3 3/4 inch scale versus 8 inch?

No, the action Battlers are probably aroung 5 inches tall. They look very playschoolish, but aren't smiling like the rescue heros do. I full support the 3 3/4 figures. They actually don't look too bad. I am just saying, if they are going to release these Action Battlers, why not release the 8 inch figures instead.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
Stryfe2025
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
No, the action Battlers are probably aroung 5 inches tall. They look very playschoolish, but aren't smiling like the rescue heros do. I full support the 3 3/4 figures. They actually don't look too bad. I am just saying, if they are going to release these Action Battlers, why not release the 8 inch figures instead.
True enough.
The Sigma 6 line was what got me interested in GI Joe again.
Stryfe2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah, that does seem odd. I mean, when I saw those figures, I thought they looked oddly familiar. I never collected Sigma, but at first glance, I thought they were the same figures, but apparently not. Definitely does seem like another bone-headed move by Hasbro. At this stage in the game, I've learned that nerd rage is synonymous with Hasbro.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2025 View Post
True enough.
The Sigma 6 line was what got me interested in GI Joe again.
Yeah, too bad the canadian distribution was so crappy.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
HumanEraser LS-02
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 91

Actually, re-releasing the 8" Sigma stuff could be a great idea, considering how the basic G.I. Joe figures' armor have a passing resemblance to the Reactive Armor that's seen in the movie.
HumanEraser LS-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Yeah, Delta 6 suits??? Um...it is like a sigma 6 movie
Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

this reminds me of the when the batman: brave and the bold figures came out. They would have been a nice complement to the "The Batman" figures that came out a couple years ago. but of course mattel decides to make the figures in a different scale, thus eliminating any inter-play between the 2. RAGE!!!!!!! lol
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote