ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-16-2024, 02:41 PM   #1
usernameprime
Cobra Commander
Do you use points programs to buy toys?

I'm wondering if people have tips/advice on programs that may offer $ which you could use for toy purchases?

My IRL Example:
I have a small business, i have a business aeroplan credit card. I use it for everything, business and personal. Costs $150 for the annual fee to have it. I accumulate 7000k+ points every 2 months. March was 10k+ points alone. Costs 7000k points to buy a $50 amazon gift card.

When it's all said and done I pay $150 yearly for the card and receive $300-$400 in Amazon gift cards which makes the whole thing very beneficial to me.

Would love to know of any other programs that could benefit us.... if any?
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:19 PM   #2
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme
Re: Do you use points programs to buy toys?

I've used Optimum Points at Superstore to buy Transformers before.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:49 PM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

I get employee rewards at my work that I can get gift cards for. I've bought toys with those before.

My buddy uses Airmiles generated by pharmacy purchases to order lego sets.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:31 AM   #4
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I have cash back rewards on my credit cards so it kind of works that way. I don't use my points from Aeroplan, Optimum, etc. for toys.

HOWEVER...

I am a member of both Asking Canadians and Leger Opinion. Both of them are online survey sites that give rewards for doing surveys.

Asking Canadians has more surveys to do on a regular basis, but it does take a good bit of points to get a gift card. They used to do Via Preference points which let me quickly accumulate points for free travel on Via. However they stopped that last year. Now I just collect points for Amazon gift cards. Depending on how hard core you go, you can easily get $20-$50 a month.

Leger doesn't quite have as many surveys, but they have more options for what your reward can be. You can get Aeroplan points, but if you do it can be the only points you can collect. Or you can get Leger points which you can redeem for a variety of gift cards, or virtual prepaid credit cards. Some of the choices are Amazon, Walmart, Visa, Mastercard, Chocolat Favouris, Tim Horton's, Starbucks, Paypal ($20 transfer) and a bunch of other companies I can't think of off the top of my head. They also have monthly and weekly contests you can enter with a subset of points (called "chances") you get with each survey. The weekly contests are for values similar to what you can get with points ($20) and the monthly contests are for higher value prizes ($50/$100/$250, or actual products).

(So each survey gives you Leger points to collect for rewards, and "chances" for the monthly/weekly contests).

I usually do enough to get between $20-$40 a month in gift cards. Again it depends on how much time and effort you want to put in, but if I did more I could probably get at least another $20 a month. I usually do a couple of surveys every morning before everyone is awake and I am getting the kids stuff ready for the school day.

I usually just get Amazon gift cards, but sometimes I get Walmart. I have yet to try the Paypal transfer. The rest are nice but I don't really care about most of the other cards. Either way I get a couple hundred dollars a year more to spend on toys (mostly). The down side of course is that you actually have to put in the effort. However some surveys cover products/commercials/shows in the early stages that are fun to see in full production later on, on TV or store shelves.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote