ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-03-2022, 03:38 PM   #6101
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Didn't people get their DP back then? I know the new one has pinless joints but otherwise it's the same head and accessory, which made her a skip for me.
I didn't. I wasn't into Marvel Legends at the time, and now that I've collected everything I needed for X-Men, I've been focusing on rounding out the characters for displays. I want both Phoenix and Dark Phoenix for the Jean display. Spiral for me is just perfect for the Brotherhood+MVC2

I will say, I'm surprised that Retro Iron Man hasn't sold out.

Last edited by MorphGrid; 10-03-2022 at 04:08 PM.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #6102
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
With the way Hasbro is reusing those X-Men sculpts, I think you'll probably get even another chance at Dark Phoenix once they release her as a cel-shaded TAS figure (if you aren't opposed to the cel-shaded look).
Well the quick sellout on Pulse was a good indicator of who was going to be popular from the new retro wave.

Also remember they said the X-Men VHS line is taking a break next year for Spiderman. So it will be at least 2024 before she sees a cel-shaded release.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #6103
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
I didn't. I wasn't into Marvel Legends at the time, and now that I've collected everything I needed for X-Men, I've been focusing on rounding out the characters for displays. I want both Phoenix and Dark Phoenix for the Jean display. Spiral for me is just perfect for the Brotherhood+MVC2

I will say, I'm surprised that Retro Iron Man hasn't sold out.
As a big Iron Man fan I can safely say his popularity does not transfer over to his figures at the same level.

He has received so much product in recent years thanks to the movies, but if you look at his figures they are almost always available long after release. I don't know if that is partly due to over production or not, but he is never really that hard a figure to get.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:10 PM   #6104
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

So regarding that new MCU Iron Heart. Does anyone else not like the design of the armor? I honestly don't like it.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:25 PM   #6105
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Not as far as the figure goes. If may look better on film but the Marvel Legends looks like a Bayformer cosplay.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #6106
Ksteel
Mutant

Well I can't say there's anything I like about Riri Williams. Including the weird design.

I'd rather they just bring in a Tony Stark variant played by a new actor, and do more Iron Man movies.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:07 PM   #6107
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
As a big Iron Man fan I can safely say his popularity does not transfer over to his figures at the same level.

He has received so much product in recent years thanks to the movies, but if you look at his figures they are almost always available long after release. I don't know if that is partly due to over production or not, but he is never really that hard a figure to get.
This is very true. Modular is still on clearance at Walmart online for 25 dollars, and you can argue that the colour selection is much better suited than the Retro's gloss red and yellow.

And the kicker is that 3D printed proton cannons are readily available and cost about 30-40 dollars.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:09 PM   #6108
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
This is very true. Modular is still on clearance at Walmart online for 25 dollars, and you can argue that the colour selection is much better suited than the Retro's gloss red and yellow.

And the kicker is that 3D printed proton cannons are readily available and cost about 30-40 dollars.
Or less than $1 worth of plastic if you have a 3D printer.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:20 PM   #6109
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Well I can't say there's anything I like about Riri Williams. Including the weird design.

I'd rather they just bring in a Tony Stark variant played by a new actor, and do more Iron Man movies.
Or they could just use War Machine. Don deserves it. He's been around the longest next to RDJ and has nothing to show for it. I know he's getting a movie soon but that should have happened a long time ago.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #6110
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:

My main problem with that new Iron Man is the buck is too small. Iron Man was pretty big in the MVC Games and he just looks scrawny here.