ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-22-2016, 01:31 AM   #231
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

@Hoffman
I think you are taking the right approach to things. I've seen (and been "victim" of) sites that tried to go all out right away and it was not pretty. Best luck to you!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #232
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Yes thats the one I was looking for. Some mixed emotions I read from the new Deadpool figure. Some said its a recycled mix up parts from the old Bucky figure and alike but I really dont care. I really want a Deadpool figure so bad. Im expecting this to be a sought out figure since the movie has just been shown. But Im still keeping my hope high. Hopefully I wont succumb to order it across the border because the exchange rate is just insane. I hope some local toy store including TRU & Walmart can bring it to Canada.
I'm sure this wave is going to release at Canadian retail, this wave is a slam dunk IMO. Every character is solid.

As for Deadpool being a recycled figure...just about every Marvel legends figure reuses parts like crazy. The Bucky Cap mold is probably the most abused, but for good reason, its a great buck.

Deadpool is obviously going to be the most popular figure in the wave, the recent movie has obviously increased his popularity but he would have been hard to find regardless. If you want this whole wave or even if you only want about half of the figures I'd suggest ordering a case from an Online Canadian retailer or LCS as soon as the figures get a release/pre order slot.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 02-22-2016 at 02:26 PM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #233
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Thanks wedge, we hope to be in this for the long haul, so slow organic growth is what we want. While big spikes in sales seem nice, they can be misleading and lead you down the wrong paths.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:26 AM   #234
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
@Hoffman
I think you are taking the right approach to things. I've seen (and been "victim" of) sites that tried to go all out right away and it was not pretty. Best luck to you!
Yup we were both there. I was with you till the end Red 2. That was as battle that we could not win, unfortunately

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #235
megathong
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
That said, thank you for the feedback. We are constantly reevaluating how we do things and will keep it in mind.
Are you ordering from Diamond or a third party distributor? If you are, you'll always get burned due to allocation problems. You need to go direct if you're not already.

Just trying to help.
megathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #236
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Is anyone else starting to get annoyed that the 3.75" figures are now called "Legends"? No hate on the smaller scale, but its starting to become confusing as to what people are talking about sometimes.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #237
Evan
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Is anyone else starting to get annoyed that the 3.75" figures are now called "Legends"? No hate on the smaller scale, but its starting to become confusing as to what people are talking about sometimes.
I agree. It's the same with Star Wars Black Series. It is confusing. But, from what I can tell, the "Legends" series (and "Black Series" in the case of Star Wars) seem to have more articulation, and probably geared more towards collectors. There are other 3.75" figures that are not marketed as Legends (or Black Series) that don't bend at the elbows, knees, etc.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #238
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
I agree. It's the same with Star Wars Black Series. It is confusing. But, from what I can tell, the "Legends" series (and "Black Series" in the case of Star Wars) seem to have more articulation, and probably geared more towards collectors. There are other 3.75" figures that are not marketed as Legends (or Black Series) that don't bend at the elbows, knees, etc.
I just think they could have come up with another name for them. It's going to cause a lot of headaches for people working in stores that don't know anything about the product.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #239
Evan
Jedi Knight

Quote:
I just think they could have come up with another name for them. It's going to cause a lot of headaches for people working in stores that don't know anything about the product.
I totally agree. Couple that with parents and grandparents that also don't know anything about the product, and little Jimmy is not going to get what he wanted for his birthday!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #240
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
The name they had for them before was perfectly fine
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote