ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #61
Chigimus
Super Friend
Re: Toy Aisle Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Well, this is a first for me: ordered the Marvel Legends Bullseye from walmart.ca, and this is what I got:

A Toybiz era ML Wonder-Man, with a Hobgoblin BAF leg and the shockwave effect that came with the ML Shocker.

Like, seriously?! I got that from ordering ONLINE. F*cksakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
How does that even happen, are they shipping stock out of the stores? Isn't there a separate warehouse/shipping facility?
Quote:
Yeah, I'm dumbfounded by it.

Checking Canada Post tracking, it shipped out of Mississauga, which is where I think all their online stuff normally ships from (in Ontario at least). But yeah, given what I received, I can only assume this was shipped from a store.

Ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I'm sorry but that is so f-ed up its almost funny. Like what the hell? How does that even happen?
OMG, that's hilarious! I can see how it happened though. In retail, sometimes the distribution warehouses request callbacks from the stores. This is not the same thing as a recall notice when a known defect is announced and product needs to be removed. Callbacks happen when store locations in other parts of the region or country are not getting enough of a supply and this also includes the inventory pile for the web store itself, so the request goes out to stores that seemingly have an over abundance of allocated inventory to be sent back to the DC for redistribution or to be kept at the DC for online sales.

In this case, most likely someone did a swap return, the callback request came to that store that accepted the return, and this lucky copy happened to get picked to be sent back and whoever filled Wintermute's order at the DC happened to pick this troll copy from the pile. It can happen to anyone, just rare because the troll copies usually get bought out at the store level anyway. Sucks to be Wintermute, but man, I'm glad you saw the humor in it.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:14 PM   #62
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Yeah, it makes sense that it would happen the way you described.

And I had to laugh because it was just so brazenly fraudulent. I just wonder what these jackasses look like who pull these frauds. Like, are they sweating a little when they do this crap?

And part of why I can laugh is that Walmart had no problem refunding me for the fraudulent figure.

Then again, Walmart being so easy about taking these returns is part of the problem, ain't it? lol
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #63
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Yeah, it makes sense that it would happen the way you described.

And I had to laugh because it was just so brazenly fraudulent. I just wonder what these jackasses look like who pull these frauds. Like, are they sweating a little when they do this crap?

And part of why I can laugh is that Walmart had no problem refunding me for the fraudulent figure.

Then again, Walmart being so easy about taking these returns is part of the problem, ain't it? lol
Highly doubt anyone is sweating too much when they return this crap. It's clearly happening at pretty much every store I go to, plus all the stuff I see posted here. Its unfortunate because it hurts us all in the long run because a lot of these figures remain on shelves forever. Although I did buy one of these swaps when the amazing spider man 2 wave was first released...someone returned a McFarlane box set Spidey in a Carnage box (one of the few times something good was swapped out LOL).

Totally feel for you on that online Bullseye, as its a great figure and not easy to find...but your initial post did make me laugh (not at you, just at the situation).

Good luck on your hunt for the figure.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #64
jughead
Red Shirt

Quote:
Well, this is a first for me: ordered the Marvel Legends Bullseye from walmart.ca, and this is what I got:

A Toybiz era ML Wonder-Man, with a Hobgoblin BAF leg and the shockwave effect that came with the ML Shocker.

Like, seriously?! I got that from ordering ONLINE. F*cksakes.
A very similar situation just happened to me:
I received my package from walmart, I had ordered a Punisher and an Elektra,
and they were swapped out with an agent coulson and a wasp figure. It was unbelievable.
(I'll post a pic when i get home later)
Maybe it was the same idiot that swapped out your Bullseye fig?

Now what is the best way to get my refund? Should i write them online/call them, or take it back to the store? What did you do?
I just don't want them to think that I swapped them out, i would never do such a ridiculous thing.
jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #65
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead View Post
A very similar situation just happened to me:
I received my package from walmart, I had ordered a Punisher and an Elektra,
and they were swapped out with an agent coulson and a wasp figure. It was unbelievable.
(I'll post a pic when i get home later)
Maybe it was the same idiot that swapped out your Bullseye fig?

Now what is the best way to get my refund? Should i write them online/call them, or take it back to the store? What did you do?
I just don't want them to think that I swapped them out, i would never do such a ridiculous thing.
When I returned mine to a local Walmart store, I printed out the confirmation receipt email that I got (the one that says it's been shipped). Bring the packing slip too and just tell the truth about what happened. Hell, even explain to them what kind of a problem this is becoming.

lol go even further and send them a link to this thread!
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:20 PM   #66
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

The latest in Calgary... Thor is now Mocking us...

https://twitter.com/chaingunsofdoom/...90464845463552
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #67
iammingy
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
The latest in Calgary... Thor is now Mocking us...

https://twitter.com/chaingunsofdoom/...90464845463552
Wow, that was a Jane Foster Thor!
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:15 PM   #68
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

I was at Tru today and again, Hela is the ONLY figure from Thor I cannot find, and I refuse to buy any of the figures if I cannot complete Hulk. It's the second time this has happened. Worst of all, it looked freshly unpacked. They had everything but her.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #69
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I was at Tru today and again, Hela is the ONLY figure from Thor I cannot find, and I refuse to buy any of the figures if I cannot complete Hulk. It's the second time this has happened. Worst of all, it looked freshly unpacked. They had everything but her.
Where do you live? I'll sell one to you at cost + shipping if you want?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #70
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
In stock with one day prime shipping on amazon.ca

If the TRU had everything but her on the pegs, either someone got there before you or someone who works there is a scalper. I have seen the entire wave in the wild several times so I really don't see it as being lightly stocked. I don't generally collect the movie figures unless the BAF is comic based and for this Thor wave my wallet has thanked me because I have only picked up Ares.

Hit up amazon or keep hunting, she will turn up eventually for you...this isn't the last Xmen wave.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 10-11-2017 at 08:12 AM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote