ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #11
ambasah
Cobra Trooper
Re: SuperFan ComicCon - May, 17-19, 2014

I am a dealer and thankfully skipped this one. I spoke to many of the dealers there and it was an absolute disaster. I fewl bad for the "stars" as well - they must have been bored out of their minds (and of course made no money).

As for FanExpo, it has really improved. There is more space and having it spread over 4 days really helps with the crowds. Sat is still crazy busy, but go any of the other days and you will be fine.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
snakeyes76
Super Friend

Wow! I read some of the reviews on FB and sooooo glad I didn't sign up to sell. I was approached at the 80s Toy Expo to sell and I told the guy I'm selling my personal collection this is isn't stock from a store. I knew I wouldn't make much if anything at all if I did a show like that. Plus I was going to Blue Mountain with my wife and kids for the weekend which was way more fun!

Can't wait for the Canadian Collectible Toy Expo!!!!
snakeyes76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Their guest list is pretty impressive for a first year show. I wonder where they went wrong. Looking at some of the photos on social media you can just see how barren the place was. Haha, I imagine the only positive to come out of it was the lack of line ups to see your favorite guest.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:38 PM   #14
pdaaat
Super Friend
pdaaat's Ebay Auctions

Had I know about it sooner I would have went to get some autographs for the Star Wars bathroom.
pdaaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #15
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...ng-at-vendors/
Old 05-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
Robimus
Super Moderator

They gave fairly decent answers for damage control, very humble - but I find it hard to believe that they really thought they would attract 15,000 attendees. Those estimates were fiction the moment they came up with them. Based the attendance estimates on website hits? Who in the world you do that?

That was completely unrealistic for a first time show in a convention heavy marketplace.

I also kinda feel like any vendor that took their word on the estimated attendance was being just a little naive.

Without a track record, promises of that sort are fairly meaningless. Nothing on the guest list really stood out as most of those guests(if not all of them) have been to shows in the GTA multiple times.

Live and learn.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
superfan comiccon