ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-07-2024, 12:25 PM   #291
Brent
Super Friend
Re: New Dollarama Action Figure finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
The Smiths Falls Dollarama recently put out the Marvel 3.75 inch wave with Thing, Black Panther, Black Widow, Thor, Symbiote Spider-man, and Green Goblin.
As much of a long shot as it is, I?d love to see all these figures finally show up at Dollarama. For $5 I like keeping them carded probably more for the artwork on the packaging than the actual figures. Plus I want to get a Silver Surfer to open and place in the palm of Haslab Galactus?s hand.
So far we've seen Waves 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7 show up. We just need Wave 4 for the Surfer and the Stealth Iron Man that I really want.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 02:16 PM   #292
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So far we've seen Waves 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7 show up. We just need Wave 4 for the Surfer and the Stealth Iron Man that I really want.

Yeah for $5 each they are a pretty impulse buy, but one that isn't too bad. If I could get most of them for $5 (or less) I would be more likely to try and complete the line.

The only ones, so far, that I have paid more than $5 for are Silver Surfer and the Sentinel. Although I did manage to snag a second Sentinel at TRU during their BOGO (free) sale recently so I got it for "free" with the other purchase (ML Retro Apocalypse).

The line is retro kitsch which is where it's appeal lay. Much like the ReAction line from Super7. However, much like Super7, the regular price is just too high for what you get.

I'm hoping the rumours are true that Dollarama is looking to once again increase their prices, including top level price. That could mean more cheap figures that couldn't sell. Imagine 6" Hasbro figures for $10?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 05:57 PM   #293
Brent
Super Friend

Picked up Masters of the Universe Battle Armor He-Man and Skeleton today. Has anyone seen other figures in this line like Roboto and She-Ra?

Marvel Retro Moon Knight wave (7) seems to be restocked, so if you missed it you may have another chance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images.jpeg (13.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg masters_of_the_universe_origins_battle_armor_skeletor_action_figure_3.jpg (97.3 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Brent; 01-08-2024 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:07 PM   #294
4lott
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Picked up Masters of the Universe Battle Armor He-Man and Skeleton today. Has anyone seen other figures in this line like Roboto and She-Ra?

Marvel Retro Moon Knight wave (7) seems to be restocked, so if you missed it you may have another chance.
Did you get those MOTU figures at Dollarama?!? If so where are you located and what was the price?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 06:18 PM   #295
Brent
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Did you get those MOTU figures at Dollarama?!? If so where are you located and what was the price?
$5 each. Downtown Montreal. I'm going to a couple more stores tomorrow to see if other figs are out.

Should mention that the cards are different than the photos. Mine are multilingual.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:24 PM   #296
4lott
Master of the Universe

Thank you good sir! I’m in Montreal too, hopefully others will show up in the coming months
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 07:55 PM   #297
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Seems like Montreal is the place to be for newer stuff showing up right now.

Still haven't seen hide nor hair of the Moon Knight ML Retro wave here. Nice to see those MOTU:O deluxes showing up. $5 is a great price.

Let's hope they are distributed wider soon.

Also for those still looking I was at the Dollaram on Terry Fox Drive (in the same plaza as the Walmart) in Kanata and they had 2 of the My Hero Academia battle arena sets and a restock of the Green Goblin, Symbiote Spidey ML Retro (3.75"). They had 3 each of Green Goblin and Symbiote Spidey.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 08:07 PM   #298
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Good find, Brent! Now I need to start watching for some to show up here. $5 is a fantastic price for those.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:14 PM   #299
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:

That's awesome. The WWE Masters of the WWE Universe Ultimate Warrior wave are the only ones of that scale I've seen before.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:46 PM   #300
Brent
Super Friend

Just completed the nine store odyssey along Ste_Catherine West and was able to open cases while the shelves were being restoked.

MOTU Origins Deluxe ship in four figure cases. At two different stores the assortment were all the same. 1 each of He-Man, Skeletor and Hordak with one of them being doubled.

Buzz Lightyear Core figures cases have six figures each: 2 each of Izzy Hawthorne, Mo Morrison and Fremont. $3.50 each.

Finally found the McFaralane Princess Bride figures in Montreal. found everything except the 2 Fezzick figures.

Happy hunting!