ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Star Wars Vintage/Retro Collection (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=33080)

Wheelwave 04-16-2020 05:34 PM

Re: Star Wars Vintage/Retro Collection

Not sure how it will work in Canada, but I hope we see how we can obtain The Empire Strikes Back Retro Collection somehow.

wedge1021 04-16-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelwave (Post 114411)
Not sure how it will work in Canada, but I hope we see how we can obtain The Empire Strikes Back Retro Collection somehow.

I've been told that Walmart Canada did not pick them up (they are WM exclusive in the States this time). Though that doesn't mean plans won't change down the road, especially with this pandemic turning everything on it's head. Maybe TRU swoops in and grabs them?

The retro Hoth game is supposed to come here though.

Stryfe2026 04-16-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge1021 (Post 114412)
I've been told that Walmart Canada did not pick them up (they are WM exclusive in the States this time). Though that doesn't mean plans won't change down the road, especially with this pandemic turning everything on it's head. Maybe TRU swoops in and grabs them?

The retro Hoth Game with snowspeeder Luke is at EB.

Super_Megatron 04-16-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge1021 (Post 114412)

Didn't TRU carry wave 1?

Wheelwave 04-16-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 114415)
Didn't TRU carry wave 1?

They did. But I Toysrus are closed and it's hard for them to stock online.

adriantripod 04-17-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelwave (Post 114416)
They did. But I Toysrus are closed and it's hard for them to stock online.

They technically carried them - I saw the tags where they were meant to be, but never saw one figure on the pegs at any of my 5 local TRUs. I assume they all got one case and sold them immediately, never to re-stock.

Never change, TRU, never change...

Wheelwave 05-09-2020 01:46 PM

Still no news on ESB Retro Collection in Canada?

wedge1021 05-10-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelwave (Post 114817)
Still no news on ESB Retro Collection in Canada?

Latest I heard now is that it appears they may be coming to WM Canada after all, though nothing concrete yet. This comes from a dealer friend who was talking to HasCan rep last week. Don't go bet the farm on that, but it's at least a glimmer of hope. At least it shows that it's on HasCan's radar so if WM doesn't take it, maybe TRU / Superstore / someone else will.

riderman 05-11-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge1021 (Post 114833)
Latest I heard now is that it appears they may be coming to WM Canada after all, though nothing concrete yet. This comes from a dealer friend who was talking to HasCan rep last week. Don't go bet the farm on that, but it's at least a glimmer of hope. At least it shows that it's on HasCan's radar so if WM doesn't take it, maybe TRU / Superstore / someone else will.

Don't be too surprised when they appear at a Loblaws Superstore or Walmart in the near future! The worst case it may appear in a Disney Store some how with inflated prices double or even triple the price because they changed it from a card to a shiny box. Time will tell and until then happy hunting and stay safe everyone

dawingster 05-13-2020 04:43 PM