ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your Holy Grail? (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9026)

pud333 11-05-2011 02:06 PM

What's your Holy Grail?

Recently I managed to pick up two of my Holy Grails (The SDF-1, and a cartoon accurate G1 Prime, the MP-10). Now I have some new Holy Grails. Yes, you can have more than one. Let people know what you consider to be a Holy Grail for you. It can be something vintage, something new, something in production or one you hope to be produced in the future.

So here is what I hope to get, in no particular order.

1) VF-171 EX Nightmare from Macross Frontier. These are considered "cannon fodder" valkyries, but they looked so cool in the show. Bandai is redoing the VF-25's properly, and they are selling exceptionally well, so here's hoping they make one of these puppies. Armoured, of course.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...71EXArmour.jpg

2) MP Ultra Magnus. I want a version with the armour, and not just a straight repaint of Convoy. I heard rumors about one being produced at some point. Hopefully Takara follows through and gives us something true to to original UM. I don't care if it ends up being $350. I would buy it in a heartbeat. TAKE MY MONEY, TAKARA!

3) SDF-1 TV version. This is borderline for me, since I already have an SDF-1, which pretty much satisfies my desire. But I wouldn't mind a TV version SDF-1 if Yamato did all new tooling which included the ships instead of the ARMDS.

Robimus 11-05-2011 03:31 PM

Re: What's your Holy Grail?

Any Star Wars Legacy comic figures that get produced. Price is no object on those for me.

Another big item(s) this coming year will be Runabout & Runamuck from TFCC.

t.wizard 11-05-2011 04:10 PM

Marvel Secret Wars and DC Super Powers. The Marvel Universe 3.75" as well.

Whitter 11-05-2011 05:15 PM

Right now mine would be a SDCC Sentinel on card to go along with my Galactus from the year before

JTCh 11-05-2011 06:42 PM

What's the difference between Holy Grails and the To-buy list? No offense, but I mean the MU line can hardly be considered as grails of any kind except maybe a few figures in the line.

IMO Holy Grail is something either totally out of your price range or something very rare to find (most likely discontinued). Anyways mine is the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Megazord and Dragonzord in minty condition with box:p

lars573 11-05-2011 07:29 PM

-Star Wars Vintage Fordo
-RTS Wreck-Gar
-Universe 2 legends wave 5
-Masterpiece Grimlock

Icetron 11-05-2011 07:53 PM

Clone Wars Aayla Secura I guess, don't think I'll ever find one for non-rape prices. I refuse to pay more than 15 for a SW. I don't collect SW anymore but would still like to have an Aayla in my remaining collection.

Not sure what else, I guess I would like to find a SH Figuarts Sasword for retail, not 5000+yen.

Drexl 11-05-2011 08:39 PM

Toybiz FF classics Dragon Man
ML series 1 Toad
Toybiz Spiderman classics Scarlet Spiderman

davecrew 11-05-2011 10:14 PM

My NYCC dr doom + archangel + nick fury

t.wizard 11-06-2011 12:11 AM

thanks for your 2 cents and I agree with you. Completing the whole line for the MU figures is a goal of mine so I consider it a holy grail.