ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $32.99 new price for Hasbro Action Figures (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=36930)

abemecca 12-30-2020 10:12 AM

$32.99 new price for Hasbro Action Figures

It seems all the major sites have figures, new and old, at $32.99. That is pushing the limits I think, will this stop anyone from collecting?

Onslaught 12-30-2020 10:17 AM

Re: $32.99 new price for Figures

You mean that sudden price increase over at Amazon? Seems at least that neither TRU or Walmart have increased their prices, ML and Black Series and the rest remain at 29.99, McFarlane figures remain at 24.99, etc.

Stryfe2026 12-30-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onslaught (Post 125222)
You mean that sudden price increase over at Amazon? Seems at least that neither TRU or Walmart have increased their prices, ML and Black Series and the rest remain at 29.99, McFarlane figures remain at 24.99, etc.

So far all the new figures coming from EB are priced at $32.99 as well, such as the Power Ranger preorders and Black series. It’s the new price point going forward.

Onslaught 12-30-2020 10:26 AM

EB has always been pricing things a bit higher than normal, just like Gamestop in the US. For example McFarlane's Warhammer figures were $24.99 at TRU and Amazon, while at EB they were $34.99. I think once TRU and Walmart price their items this way, then we'll have to worry about a permanent price increase. Pretty sure most of Hasbro's figures did recently get a new MSRP of 21.49, though that price isn't reflected on Pulse, so not sure when that was supposed to come into effect.

canprime 12-30-2020 10:38 AM

They will all be up there before the end of next year. Walmart has already done the bump on Star Wars Black Series in store.

As for me, it means waiting more for sales and being more selective when buying. Overall it definitely means I won't be buying as much which is probably a good thing anyway.

Stryfe2026 12-30-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 125225)
They will all be up there before the end of next year. Walmart has already done the bump on Star Wars Black Series in store.

As for me, it means waiting more for sales and being more selective when buying. Overall it definitely means I won't be buying as much which is probably a good thing anyway.

Exactly, this rollout is going to be everywhere. Honestly, I was already spending what I spend, so this just means I get less for now.

Super_Megatron 12-30-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 (Post 125223)
So far all the new figures coming from EB are priced at $32.99 as well, such as the Power Ranger preorders and Black series. It’s the new price point going forward.

This is why the Edge discount is so good, keeps the price lower.

I haven't looked into it but likely Hasbro has increased wholesale costs again, so retailers are increasing pricing in response to this.

Ksteel 12-30-2020 01:08 PM

I'm okay with this.

One simply should just be more selective with their purchases then.

PR Lightning Collection for example. I'm fine with paying 32.99 for Zeo Green. For the others in the wave? Hell no. But they aren't worth 29.99 either.

This price increase works out fine for casual collectors, and sucks for certain completionists. Hopefully y'all are the former, not the later.

ssjgoku22 12-30-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksteel (Post 125232)
I'm okay with this.

One simply should just be more selective with their purchases then.

PR Lightning Collection for example. I'm fine with paying 32.99 for Zeo Green. For the others in the wave? Hell no. But they aren't worth 29.99 either.

This price increase works out fine for casual collectors, and sucks for certain completionists. Hopefully y'all are the former, not the later.

In my opinion, nothing in the deluxe scale in any of Hasbro's lines have been worth $29.99, and here we go, paying $33 for the same figures.

StarwarsTF 12-30-2020 04:09 PM

I just got onyx at eb. Lol I’m not sure if that’s good or bad the amount of money I spent.