ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   GI Joe Retro Collection Wave 3 Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=37182)

Robimus 02-12-2021 02:10 AM

GI Joe Retro Collection Wave 3 Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to AFN member wesperino for letting us know that wave 3 of the GI Joe Retro Collection line has been released in Canada.

The wave was sighted at an Ontario Walmart and contains Duke, Cobra Commander and Lady Jaye

Share what figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum

Robimus 02-12-2021 02:11 AM

Re: GI Joe Retro Collection Wave 3 Released in Canada

Bubbles are kinda preposterous looking......

canprime 02-12-2021 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 126530)
Bubbles are kinda preposterous looking......

Yeah I don't get the logic. The 25th/ME cards were more "retro" accurate than these things.

I saw a Duke and Snake Eyes at my local Walmart the other day, but easy pass due to the price and not accurate"retro" feel.

Powered Convoy 02-12-2021 11:12 AM

The logo and art (and maybe the colours behind the bubble) are basically original (25th/MEs were slightly modernized e.g logo is squished down and art is re-painted, at least sometimes). Hard to tell without doing a direct comparison.

Although the huge bubbles are weird, the figures don't always match the art (e.g. Retaliation(?) Snake Eyes in 1982 packaging), and the text is truncated or missing due to the very multi-lingual packaging, I find these feel a bit more retro to me than the 25th/ME releases. I love both regardless :D

kenchi316 02-12-2021 07:11 PM

What was the retail price?

Napseeker 02-12-2021 10:53 PM

They should be $18+tax.

Powered Convoy 02-14-2021 01:35 PM

If you find them, you might need to get an associate to enter them into the POS manually. I'm not as excited about Wave 3 anymore...with fewer accessories and questionable plastic, $17.97 seems a bit high :yelling: I still have the American flag, JUMP pack, and grey footstand that "yelling" movie Duke came with in 2008-ish, so this release wasn't a complete waste for me. Duke's elbow and ankle joints are really tight on mine, and I gave up on moving his ankles after seeing some stress marks.

I still love the artwork on the cards :)

kenchi316 02-17-2021 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my Cobra Commander tonight at Walmart Airdrie. They still have Duke and Snake Eyes left

athanato 03-20-2021 01:20 PM

In the GTA you will never find any wave of GI Joe Retro characters unless they get lost in the wrong isle, all these walmart exclusives are a disaster. Not to mention they are lower quality than original. In ref to Powered Convoy, I think the carding has more appeal than the characters and I'm not a packaging guy, I'll still collect them for the nostalgia which means basically buying from ebay scalpers because you never find them in stores and walmart does not honor online orders. :(

athanato 03-27-2021 01:33 PM

what are the UPC for this wave?