ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 02:42 PM   #966
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

579-2
Hasbro- Generations Fall of Cybertron: Grimlock

Big oof coming in on Grimlock folks: this one is not great. As a fan of the TV show I was always flummoxed by the idea popularized in the comic, that Grimlock, a Tyrannosaurus Rex, was actually on Cybertron. Maybe I’m missing something, or maybe asking too much of my Sci-Fi that was created to sell toys to kids, but that don’t make no sense.

Pros: I was initially very excited for this figure given that at the time, we didn’t have a great updated Grimlock. And despite the Fall of Cybertron subline, he still shares a similar look from his G1 days with a futuristic/Cybertronian bend. The robot mode is pretty imposing and features some decent articulation, and two VERY impressive accessories including a translucent sword and shield. Transformation isn’t too difficult, but has a tricky shoulder assembly that I thought for sure I was going to snap. The Dino mode is, well, let’s just say that everything above the hips is good while….

Cons: Cont… everything below is bad. First off the legs are beyond flustering to pose and move around. The feet are not articulated enough to stand at a normal angle and that tail. What is with that tail? The legs and feet are also a bit of an issue on the robot mode as they are way too skinny and make it very difficult to pose. Unless you are a Fall of Cybertron purist I suggest you pass on this one.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping