ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 03:51 PM   #1817
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

1003-2
McFarlane Toys- Fortnite: Ragnarok

I still find it interesting that at one point in time, toy manufactures felt that Fortnite was going to be such a massive cash cow that there were a number of different toy lines produced by a few separate companies, two, technically at the same time. As a quick history lesson (given I’m apparently the only one that likes these things) McFarlane was the first one to release a set. Given that they have a larger 7” size class, I suppose that opened up the much better (IMO) 6” size class that scrappy underdog Jazwares picked up along with a 3 3/4 inch series that never really appealed to me. I believe there were a few other smaller figures that followed up until Hasbro took over the 6” license (and knocked it out of the park) from Jazwares. Since then it’s kind of dead in the water which is a shame given that the game is still super popular, but apparently the figures just could not keep up with the evolution of the game with all the different licenses that keep the Battle Royal fresh. And while there are some many characters to choose from, they still overlapped having produced a few of the same skins and Ragnarok was one. Not that it mattered to me given that I really love this design and appreciate the job that both Jazwares and McFarlane put into it.

Pros: Just a fantastic sculpt with so much detail and a really nice paint job. Typical McFarlane articulation works well enough and I like the unique build tool and hand pistol.

Cons: Nothing at all. Ragnarok is a fantastic release.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping